Custom color mix up

Share you PDE file with our community
psyrob

Custom color mix up

Post by psyrob »

How can I tell the file path that my ide is using for Custom_Colors? I modified my custom_colors file to have the outlet on color be "Lawn Green", I save it and upload, and the outlet on color is RED...I am using Circle box and it used to be the right color until I uploaded the latest libraries....I figure that somewhere on my computer is a Custom_Color file that is saved with the outlet on color set to RED....

I thought we use our libraries that are in (using Windows 7) the path Libraries>Documents>Arduino>Libraries>Custom_Colors....am I wrong? that is the file that I have saved the colors I want, but I keep getting the wrong color on my screen...

Thanks 8-)
binder

Re: Custom color mix up

Post by binder »

The file is:

Documents\Arduino\libraries\RA_Custom_Colors\RA_Custom_Colors.h
psyrob

Post by psyrob »

Thanks Curt: I followed this and my custom colors file is below...see, I have outlet box off set to DIMGRAY and on to LAWN GREEN, but on my screen, it is RED for off and black for on...

#define T1TempColor COLOR_DARKORANGE // Text color for the T1 temp probe (homescreen)
#define T2TempColor COLOR_DARKORCHID // Text color for the T2 temp probe (homescreen)
#define T3TempColor COLOR_RED // Text color for the T3 temp probe (homescreen)
#define PHColor COLOR_MEDIUMSEAGREEN //originally 0x34, Text color for the PH probe (homescreen)
#define DPColor COLOR_SADDLEBROWN // Text color for Daylight PWM value (homescreen)
#define APColor COLOR_DARKSLATEBLUE //originally 0x49, Text color for the Actinic PWM value (homescreen)
#define CalibrateColor COLOR_RED // color of the PH calibration text values
#define ModeScreenColor COLOR_BLUE // color of the text on Feeding Mode, Water Change Mode and Version screens
#define DateTextColor COLOR_DARKORANGE // color of the date on home screen
#define OutletBorderColor 0x54 // Border around the outlet box on home screen
#define OutletOnBGColor COLOR_LAWNGREEN // Outlet box background color when outlet is on (homescreen)
#define OutletOnFGColor COLOR_DARKSLATEGREY // Outlet box text (number) color when outlet is on (homescreen)
#define OutletOffBGColor COLOR_DIMGREY // Outlet box background color when outlet is off (homescreen)
#define OutletOffFGColor COLOR_DARKSLATEGREY // Outlet box text (number) color when outlet is off (homescreen)
#define BtnBorderColor COLOR_BLACK // OK & Cancel button border color (setup screens)
#define BtnActiveColor COLOR_GRAY // OK & Cancel button ACTIVE (selected) background color (seup screens)
#define BtnInactiveColor COLOR_LIGHTGRAY // OK & Cancel button INACTIVE (not selected) background color (setup screens)
#define SelectionBGColor COLOR_BLUE // Background color for selected items (Menu & Setup screens)
#define SelectionFGColor COLOR_WHITE // Foreground (text) color for selected items (Menu & Setup screens)
#define DefaultBGColor COLOR_WHITE // Default background color
#define DefaultFGColor COLOR_BLACK // Default text color
#define GraphDotLineColor 0x49 // color of the dotted line in the middle of the graph
rimai

Post by rimai »

Let me check on this.
I think the new automatic feature assignment is not doing custom colors.
Roberto.
psyrob

Post by psyrob »

and here is a post when you created the outlet circle box function...Do I have to change a different variable to change what color the circles are filled with other than "outlet on" and "outlet off" in custom_colors? Maybe change "fillcolor"?

binder wrote:I just finished adding this into the libraries. I made some tweaks to it for better and improved functionality. I merged the reverse displaying into one function and made it adhere to the standard color scheme / coordination. I also renamed some of the functions to add more clarity to them. This will be in the 0.9.4 release.

Here are the functions added to the LCD library (RA_NokiaLCD):

Code: Select all

void DrawCircleOutline(byte x, byte y, byte radius, byte bordercolor);
void FillCircle(byte x, byte y, byte radius, byte fillcolor);
void DrawCircleOutletBox(byte x, byte y, byte RelayData, bool reverse = false);
To use, you would simply do exactly like you would for the standard outlet box:
This will display the outlet in "normal" fashion

// Normal display like this:
// Outlets in 2 columns
// 1 2
// 3 4
// 5 6
// 7 8
byte TempRelay = ReefAngel.Relay.RelayData;
TempRelay &= ReefAngel.Relay.RelayMaskOff;
TempRelay |= ReefAngel.Relay.RelayMaskOn;
ReefAngel.LCD.DrawCircleOutletBox(10,10,TempRelay);
And reversed:

// Reversed display
// Outlets in 2 columns
// 2 1
// 4 3
// 6 5
// 8 7
byte TempRelay = ReefAngel.Relay.RelayData;
TempRelay &= ReefAngel.Relay.RelayMaskOff;
TempRelay |= ReefAngel.Relay.RelayMaskOn;
ReefAngel.LCD.DrawCircleOutletBox(10,10,TempRelay,true);
There are no numbering on the circles. If you want the labels, you gotta add them in yourself and use code like on the initial post.

Regardless, I just wanted to share that this will be an option for the next release of the libraries. :ugeek:
binder

Post by binder »

If you simply use the ReefAngel.LCD.DrawCircleOutletBox() function, you will not need to change any colors or adjust anything. It uses the same colors as the standard relay box line...Outleton/off variables that you have changed. That's all.

I think the issue may lie with the automatic feature selection and the custom colors like Roberto said.
psyrob

Post by psyrob »

Well, I wanted to change the colors from the standard relay box line to the custom colors....Is that not possible when using DrawCircleBox?
rimai

Post by rimai »

I'll fix the automatic feature selection on the next release.
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

psyrob wrote:Well, I wanted to change the colors from the standard relay box line to the custom colors....Is that not possible when using DrawCircleBox?
You should be able to change the relay box line to a custom color. The define is OutletBorderColor.
Like Roberto said, he has to get the autofeature selection working for the custom colors in order for that to work properly.