Weather Simulation for Dimming expansion module

Share you PDE file with our community
Sacohen

Re: Weather Simulation for Dimming expansion module

Post by Sacohen »

The latest Cloud and Lightning code is here.

This is the original code for fast drivers and the dimming ports on the relay.
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4783

Then it was modified to work on slower drivers and the dimming expansion module.

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5460
saf1

Post by saf1 »

Does the weather simulation pick a random day and time of the month to actually fire or is it every day or set in code based on us?

What I am wondering is if it is possible to switch the DC pump(s) to full during the storm then reset back to normal mode. I wouldn't want this happening every day but one or twice a month would be pretty cool to swoosh stuff around. May even be better than my turkey baster :)
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

It should be fairly easy to add some powerhead action. Was thinking about this yesterday actually. If I get to add it, I'll post my results.
saf1

Post by saf1 »

Hate to ask this, but does the weather simulation library also simulate lighting?

I added the code this morning and have been toying with it when about an hour into post loading the code lights dimmed, assuming cloud, then all of a sudden flashed several quick successions with my blue channels being mostly called. Threw me for a loop but figured I'd ask.

I'm going to assume it does but wanted to be sure in case my multi chip can't handle it or I have to edit a value somewhere that maybe I missed.

The example I was using as a reference had it called as:

Global variable:
byte PWMChannel[6];

CheckCloud();

ReefAngel.PWM.SetChannel(0,PWMChannel[0]);
ReefAngel.PWM.SetChannel(1,PWMChannel[1]);
ReefAngel.PWM.SetChannel(2,PWMChannel[2]);
ReefAngel.PWM.SetChannel(3,PWMChannel[3]);
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Yes. You can modify the lightning chance and frequency in the defines above the CheckCloud function you added
saf1

Post by saf1 »

lnevo wrote:Yes. You can modify the lightning chance and frequency in the defines above the CheckCloud function you added

Thanks. That got me to the correct location and I was able to modify. Also found an error in the code that was causing the RW's to run at 100% rather than the 40 like I thought.

Thanks for the information.
troylong45

Post by troylong45 »

saf1 wrote:Does the weather simulation pick a random day and time of the month to actually fire or is it every day or set in code based on us?

What I am wondering is if it is possible to switch the DC pump(s) to full during the storm then reset back to normal mode. I wouldn't want this happening every day but one or twice a month would be pretty cool to swoosh stuff around. May even be better than my turkey baster :)
has this been done yet the full power overide for storm chance for dc pump
troylong45

Post by troylong45 »

lnevo wrote:It should be fairly easy to add some powerhead action. Was thinking about this yesterday actually. If I get to add it, I'll post my results.

lee did you guys find out to add the powerheads into the storm deal?
troylong45

Post by troylong45 »

lnevo wrote:It should be fairly easy to add some powerhead action. Was thinking about this yesterday actually. If I get to add it, I'll post my results.

lee did you guys find out to add the powerheads into the storm deal?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Colin was looking at it