Weather Simulation for Dimming expansion module

Share you PDE file with our community
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:55 am
Sure.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:41 am
So I was looking at the sunlocation library- I was originally thinking about trying to stream line this and use just what Kurt did in pulling the rise set calculations I did on top of the SWFLTEK library so that the weather package (thats what I am calling it) would use that pre existing library, but your running your offsets all in one, where as I have it set up to allow individual strings to accept different offsets. I think this will not resolve easily... so I think I will probably move to using the new moon library but otherwise were going to have to implement another instance of the rise and set calculations with my offset calculation in this new class. No big deal since the underlying code base from SWFLTEK is compact and people will not be running both weather and sunlocation- Maybe take a look at if its possible to condense this into a single universal class but its going to be probably beyond me to deal with this level of abstraction- I am confused enough dealing with my own code :mrgreen:

This will make more sense when you guys get code... but don't look for it today..
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:12 am
I Think there would be overlap between users using both weather and sun location. Which offsets are you referring? We can easily break it up as needed, i can definitely help with that. We can also abstract offset stuff without having to make one big class also. I've been thinking now that my git is working to submit a pull request with sun/moon/tide. Weather would be a great one to have inside. So after you send the code we can go over what might be required! Sounds like you've made some good progress :)
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am
Another option would be to abstract out the swfltk libraries so both classes use them independently. Again, willing to help however I can :)
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:14 pm
yeah, all of that stuff can be easily abstracted. we just need a good solid foundation of how things will work and we can go from there. piece of cake. that was one of my specialties when i was a software engineer. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:29 am
I'm trying to upload this to my PWM expansion but for some reason the upload is always timing out. Do I need to make any changes to my upload settings to get it to finish?

I'm plugged in directly to the PWM module using the RA upload cable

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:42 am
Make sure you choose Reef Angel w/ optiboot as board
Roberto.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:47 am
Haha, that was the only option I didn't try. Thanks Roberto!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:54 pm
Ok, so I got it up and running on my PWM module and everything looks like it's working except I notice that when clouds pass over, the dimming is choppy; it almost takes on a flickering type of quality. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, I was expecting it to be a bit smoother than what I'm experiencing. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:01 am
ok im interesting in doing this code but im new to the coding and dont know what the channel max and flicker is? i know i my lights dont kick on until they hit 10 and they peak at 35 for whites and 40 for blue. where do you get the 31 number and the 200's from?
PreviousNext

Return to My PDE/INO file