Outlet cycling

Share you PDE file with our community
rimai

Re: Outlet cycling

Post by rimai »

Yes, that's what I thought.
If the controller reboots, it would cause the delayedon ports to stay off for that period of time.
Something is causing the controller to reboot. It is usually interference in the system or loose cable.
Roberto.
TanksNStuff

Post by TanksNStuff »

Not sure if this is your issue, but I was having a similar problem before and it turned out to be the USB connection to my RF Module (the connector right at the module, not the expansion hub). It wasn't in all the way, and must have been causing an error because it kept timing out my controller (red status light on).

I thought it was maybe the VGA cable or temp probe wires because every time I closed my cabinet door, it would beep and blink. Turns out the temp probe wires were actually tugging on the RF module's cable and jostling it just a tiny bit.

Anyway, I'd check to make sure all of your USB connections are secure to rule out that as a problem.
SuperDodge

Post by SuperDodge »

I haven't figured out what's causing the RA+ to restart yet, I'm methodically removing one cable at a time.

My question is, am I overdosing Cal/Alk during all this? I have them set on DosingPumpRepeat. Does the timer on that restart every time the RA reboots or does it work based off the clock which doesn't care about the reboots?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Code: Select all

void ReefAngelClass::DosingPumpRepeat(byte DPRelay, int OffsetMinute, int RepeatMinute, int RunTime)
{
  signed long t=(elapsedSecsToday(now())-((long)OffsetMinute*60));
  Relay.Set(DPRelay,(t%((long)RepeatMinute*60))<RunTime && t>=0);
}
It is based on number of seconds from midnight, so no matter if it reboots or not, it will always use the clock.
Roberto.
SuperDodge

Post by SuperDodge »

rimai wrote:

Code: Select all

void ReefAngelClass::DosingPumpRepeat(byte DPRelay, int OffsetMinute, int RepeatMinute, int RunTime)
{
  signed long t=(elapsedSecsToday(now())-((long)OffsetMinute*60));
  Relay.Set(DPRelay,(t%((long)RepeatMinute*60))<RunTime && t>=0);
}
It is based on number of seconds from midnight, so no matter if it reboots or not, it will always use the clock.
Thanks, that makes it easier not to worry while I'm trying to sort out what the problem is.
grafspee1217

Post by grafspee1217 »

I never did figure out why some of my outlets would occasionally cycle off then back on. It was most noticeable at night when the moonlights were on, kinda hard to miss the lights coming on full bright for a second then off again. I noticed it happened with the skimmer when I was acclimating some corals as well. Since I never got a good answer as to what was causing it I resigned myself to having to live with it. A week ago I noticed the blue light on the wifi blinking. I didnt have time to hook up my laptop and reconfigure the wifi at the time. The next day was my normally scheduled water change day. I set the RA for water change mode and everything shut down as it was supposed to... for about 4 seconds. Then everything started back up again. I tried it again with the same result. No matter what I did it would not stay in water change mode. I tried unplugging the RA with the same result. I noticed that when it happened the screen would blank out for a second then the status light would come on then everything would start up. It seemed as if the RA would simply reboot. Since the wifi was blinking blue I unplugged it from the RA. The problem stopped. I've noticed that since the wifi has not been plugged in (over a week now) I have not had the cycling outlets anymore. any ideas?
rimai

Post by rimai »

That's a good finding.
I don't know what would cause that though.
Would you be able to post the "get e" dump from the wifi module?
Roberto.
grafspee1217

Post by grafspee1217 »

sure, how do I do that? Does it matter that the wifi module has been off?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Look at the manual for instructions on how to use Tera Term.
Roberto.
treetopflyn

Outlet cycling

Post by treetopflyn »

Hmmm I am having the same issue with cycling on and off. Ill try some of things mentioned and see if anything helps.