Lee's Feature Complete PDE

Share you PDE file with our community
lnevo

Re: Lee's Feature Complete PDE

Post by lnevo »

BioHazard mode was one of the attempts to replicate Else mode. It works pretty good.

The custom waves uses the RA modes instead of the Vortech built in functions. It also goes through a random mode each day if set to use the random mode.
Rodasphoto

Post by Rodasphoto »

lnevo wrote:BioHazard mode was one of the attempts to replicate Else mode. It works pretty good.

The custom waves uses the RA modes instead of the Vortech built in functions. It also goes through a random mode each day if set to use the random mode.
I want to redo the code I have programmed on my RA+ and want to borrow heavily on your code. I am in awe with you have done with your RA.
Rodasphoto

Post by Rodasphoto »

lnevo wrote:BioHazard mode was one of the attempts to replicate Else mode. It works pretty good.

Many thanks for the answers. I want to redo the code I have programmed on my RA+ and want to borrow heavily on your code. I am in awe with you have done with your RA.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Wow, I haven't updated the code in this thread since January of 2013... I've certainly made a few tweaks here in there, but pretty incredible that I've been able to use the same code base for soooo long. Thanks to using memory for just about everything, I've been able to toggle and modify most every routine without needing new code. It's really only been minor tweaks for all this time. Anyway, page 1 is updated but in summary here are some features I've added this past go around

RF FeedingMode speed - override the vortech feeding mode and set a custom speed during feeding mode.
Acclimation code for dimming - Enahnced the acclimation so it can adjust the dimming % in addition to photoperiod.
Adjust alk manually (thanks AlanM) - Added a function I got from AlanM that lets you input the current alk measurement and dose the appropriate amount to get to your target amount.
Daily email report - Send an alert 2x a day since I rarely check on things so obsessively anymore
Light modes (select in memory which wavetype for lighting) - choose slope/parabola/sigmoid/slowramp
East/West offset dimming - Self explanatory I hope
Filll in gap from 5%->0% with moonlights - Extend the dimming past lights out with the moonlights for a smoother sunset routing
Jim_J

Post by Jim_J »

Thanks for this great code Lee!
As a complete novis on ReefAngel its really valuable to check complex codes like this for reference. One question, what does the custom memory settings do?

//Jim
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The memory settings are basically persistent variables that let me change how things work on the fly without having to reupload a new program to the controller. In order to "save" them you have to assign them a memory location where it will be stored.
alexwbush

Post by alexwbush »

Adjust alk manually (thanks AlanM) - Added a function I got from AlanM that lets you input the current alk measurement and dose the appropriate amount to get to your target amount.
Daily email report - Send an alert 2x a day since I rarely check on things so obsessively anymore
Please expand. I'd like info on how to do these two :D
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Both of these are in their own isolated functions so it should be easy to carry over.

This thread details the daily reminder mail
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?p=45678#p45678

The adjustAlk was a function I got from AlanM but I have not tested it yet. It's all in theory, but look for void adjustAlk() in my code and let me know what questions you have. It would have to be adapted to your tank and dosing regimen.
alexwbush

Post by alexwbush »

lnevo wrote:Both of these are in their own isolated functions so it should be easy to carry over.

This thread details the daily reminder mail
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?p=45678#p45678

The adjustAlk was a function I got from AlanM but I have not tested it yet. It's all in theory, but look for void adjustAlk() in my code and let me know what questions you have. It would have to be adapted to your tank and dosing regimen.
Thanks! I got the daily e-mails to work. Great tool... now working on:
1. Change time from 0600/1800
2. Change contents of e-mail to include other info
3. Change title of e-mail. I'm so used to those e-mails meaning something is wrong!

Also going to start working with dosing.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Can't change the title of the emajl unless roberto adds a parameter to the aspx script and then I'd have to add support in the class. Doable just needs work.

If you look at the function there is a 6 and a 12. The 12 is for every 12 hours and the 6 means start 6 hours from midnight. Feel free to change those numbers to your preference.

Other parameters should be easy to add just make sure the msg buffer will be large enough.
alexwbush

Post by alexwbush »

Can you explain your memory use? How do you modify your memory? I assume you can from the RA memory in the app? Are they custom locations?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Yes. Custom locations. I use the direct http calls to modify them or a web page form I have created. The RA app does not currently have a way to change custom memory locations. I believe the android one does. I try to use memory rather than hardcoding so I can modify everything on the fly without recompiling. I've gone about a year or so without any major modifications thanks to this.
MDB1029

Post by MDB1029 »

I didn't see it listed here so i thought i would ask, do you run any cloud and lightning code along with your sun location code? I am hoping to be able to incorporate both.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Not yet. The SunLocation is used to get the date/time for your main LED schedule. I haven't looked closely at the cloud/lightnign code yet, but I believe you still need to set manually your lighting schedule. The SunLocation class will set the schedule in Memory if you're using Internal Memory today.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Roberto,

I can no longer post my code. It's > 60,000 characters. I'm at 69k :)
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

You broke the forum.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

67504 characters, 5338 words, 1915 lines of code.
rimai

Post by rimai »

:lol:
Roberto.
89delta

Post by 89delta »

MDB1029 wrote:I didn't see it listed here so i thought i would ask, do you run any cloud and lightning code along with your sun location code? I am hoping to be able to incorporate both.
I use the sunclass in my code as well as cloud and lighting....not sure of the link but check out my code.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Yes of course :)
89delta

Post by 89delta »

Lnevo,

How would I go about using your gap fill-in code for moonlights with my LEDs on the Daylight and actinic PWM outputs? My ver 2.1 code can be found on bottom of page....thanks for looking.

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4731
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

What ports are your moonlights on?
89delta

Post by 89delta »

I don't have them on ports. I use the moonphase coding on my actinic pwm channel.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I'm not sure I'm following.

My LEDs don't go below a certain effective %. After around 7% any lower there is no change in PAR or brightness and it is still pretty bright. I have my moonlights come on at 100% and ramp down to 0% to make up for that. I turn the moonlights on right before my main lights go off.

Since your moonlights are on the same channel as your LED there's nothing that can be "filled in"
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Roberto, were you able to up the character count at all? Is it possible?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Which count?
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

lnevo wrote:Roberto,

I can no longer post my code. It's > 60,000 characters. I'm at 69k :)
rimai

Post by rimai »

Ahhh.
Try again. Increased to 100K
If it doesn't work, I may need to reboot the forum app.
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Cool. I'll give it a try shortly.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Ok the code is now up to date. It worked :) A few bug fixes since July, especially on the third dosing pump.