Metal halide delay start

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
topjimmy

Metal halide delay start

Post by topjimmy »

Greetings all,
I am trying to figure out what I need to do to get my mh lights on at 1pm off at 4, but have my actinic from 9am to 9pm.
I tried to use the uapp to set daylight on @ 9 with a 240 minute delay, but they came on @9. I also tried having the actinic offsets be 240 minutes but then they never turned on ( could be that it's only for the off time?).
Am I going to have to use my pc and change it there? I do save the code to memory so that the app can make the changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
jcjrogersstar

Re: Metal halide delay start

Post by jcjrogersstar »

I don't think Delayed On does anything in the Webwizard. If you are putting values in the code, just use a timer with different on/off times for each port/relay. If you are storing values in internal memory, my code should work:

Included with your void loop() statements (obviously edit to match your ports):

Code: Select all

MyOwnStandardLights(Box2_Port1,-InternalMemory.ActinicOffset_read());  // Calls my new offset to allow negative offset for T5s.
I have this last in my code, but don't think that matters:

/// Code from Roberto to create a new callout for T5s to allow setting parameters in Internal Memory. 
    void MyOwnStandardLights(byte Relay, int MinuteOffset)
{
   int onTime=NumMins(InternalMemory.StdLightsOnHour_read(),InternalMemory.StdLightsOnMinute_read())-MinuteOffset;
   int offTime=NumMins(InternalMemory.StdLightsOffHour_read(),InternalMemory.StdLightsOffMinute_read())+MinuteOffset;
   ReefAngel.StandardLights(Relay,
         onTime/60,
         onTime%60,
         offTime/60,
         offTime%60
   );
}
I use my code for T5s but it will be the same for your MHs. Don't let the word negative confuse you. The code is done such that you can put positive values in the "Actinic Offset" section of "Time Schedule" in your internal memory interface (e.g. Uapp).
topjimmy

Post by topjimmy »

jcjrogersstar wrote:I don't think Delayed On does anything in the Webwizard. If you are putting values in the code, just use a timer with different on/off times for each port/relay. If you are storing values in internal memory, my code should work:

Included with your void loop() statements (obviously edit to match your ports):

MyOwnStandardLights(Box2_Port1,-InternalMemory.ActinicOffset_read());  // Calls my new offset to allow negative offset for T5s.
I have this last in my code, but don't think that matters:

/// Code from Roberto to create a new callout for T5s to allow setting parameters in Internal Memory. 
    void MyOwnStandardLights(byte Relay, int MinuteOffset)
{
   int onTime=NumMins(InternalMemory.StdLightsOnHour_read(),InternalMemory.StdLightsOnMinute_read())-MinuteOffset;
   int offTime=NumMins(InternalMemory.StdLightsOffHour_read(),InternalMemory.StdLightsOffMinute_read())+MinuteOffset;
   ReefAngel.StandardLights(Relay,
         onTime/60,
         onTime%60,
         offTime/60,
         offTime%60
   );
}
I use my code for T5s but it will be the same for your MHs. Don't let the word negative confuse you. The code is done such that you can put positive values in the "Actinic Offset" section of "Time Schedule" in your internal memory interface (e.g. Uapp).
Thanks I might try that. I wonder why the my delay doesn't work? I mean that would be the perfect solution?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
jcjrogersstar

Post by jcjrogersstar »

topjimmy wrote:Thanks I might try that. I wonder why the my delay doesn't work? I mean that would be the perfect solution?
I'm pretty sure I ran into the same thing, which is why I have the code I have. I just tried putting values in the Delayed On field, and the generated code is exactly the same whether you put a value in there or not... it just doesn't work.
topjimmy

Post by topjimmy »

I actually got it to work via the portal, but the app blows it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk