2nd Dimming Expansion Module

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
Loose

Re: 2nd Dimming Expansion Module

Post by Loose »

:lol:
Yes, it absolutely is an awesome device!! First huh? That's kinda cool... Hey, if you want to test code in an operational setting, just let me know.

For my setup, it makes it a clean(er) look with my family room show piece.
If I could build a hobby-business around installing and maintaining reef tanks, this device would be a key feature to the (RA based) setup. ;)

I did take the millis() check out (the parabola/slope waveforms don't change that much over a few hours) but will put it back in and experiment with working it under the full second... I'd like to work the connected channels into lightening code and I think 1 sec response is a bit too long.

Couple questions from the picture below, what are these ports and are they active?
Attachments
Arrows point to ports.
Arrows point to ports.
Cloud Wifi Hub 2.jpg (112.71 KiB) Viewed 9428 times
Try to learn something about everything and everything about something... Thomas Huxley
210gal DT | 50gal sump/refug | Jebao DCP 10000 pump | RO 200-int skimmer | DIY built stand | DIY 160 led, 12 channel, 458 watt, on MakersLED 72" heatsink
rimai

Post by rimai »

The broadcast of data through the cloud server is not going to be fast enough for lightning.
If you want to implement that, you will have to program the cloud wifi hub code itself and implement the lightning code in there and just send a trigger signal to start and stop the lightning code.
If you want to do that, you will need to use the Arduino IDE with the latest dev branch of the libraries.
The header is for two temp probe and two input channels. They are enabled and are currently T4 and T5 and channel 6 and channel 7 of the I/O expansion.
Roberto.
Loose

Post by Loose »

Ahhh... data throughput limit is with the cloud server and not with the module.

Header for two temp probes, two I/O ports, and can accept code independently of the RA*, this module looks better and better.
Try to learn something about everything and everything about something... Thomas Huxley
210gal DT | 50gal sump/refug | Jebao DCP 10000 pump | RO 200-int skimmer | DIY built stand | DIY 160 led, 12 channel, 458 watt, on MakersLED 72" heatsink
tngo

Post by tngo »

Hey Roberto,

Has the 2nd dimming expansion module been implemented into the libraries? I wanted to connect and test a new light fixture using a second dimming module.

Thanks,
Tim

rimai wrote:Actually,I just remember that you also have to change the ID of the 2nd expansion module.
Open the module and place a jumper on ID1.
That way both your modules will have distinct addresses.
The first one is I2CPWM_PCA9685 and the second one is I2CPWM_16CH_PCA9685.
Also, I just looked at the libraries and since both these addresses are distinct and already in the libraries, all you need to do is place this line on the setup() section:

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.Add16ChPWM();
Then you can control the channels of the second module as if it were a 16ch.

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.PWM.SetChannel(0,4096); // Sets channel 0 of 1st dimming module to 4096
ReefAngel.PWM.Set16Channel(0,4096); // Sets channel 0 of 2nd dimming module to 4096
Channels for both modules start at 0.
rimai

Post by rimai »

It's been in the libraries for a long time, but none of the apps will allow you to override the %.
Roberto.
tngo

Post by tngo »

Okay, cool thanks.

Tim
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:It's been in the libraries for a long time, but none of the apps will allow you to override the %.
if you are referring to the 16ch dimming module, my android app supports it and allows for overriding the %.
if you are talking about something else, then you are probably right.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
rimai

Post by rimai »

Oh. I thought I didnt.
Good to know :)
Roberto.