Low Water cut off

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
Seagals

Re: Low Water cut off

Post by Seagals »

Works great - Thank you!
Seagals

Post by Seagals »

opps!, maybe not - for some reason she cutout on low water again, this tie i was up and know the float was under 6 inches of water. This time when i plugged the controller into the computer it reset and everything restarted.

Any ideas on why she is cutting out on low water when thier is plenty of water?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Are the exposed leads touching the water?
Can you try another float switch?
Roberto.
Seagals

Post by Seagals »

I replaced the float, we'll see - the existing float looked good, soldered leads out of the way and i had the leads in a tube sealed on each side with silicone and the tube was dry. I hope it was just a faulty switch. I'll keep you posted.
Seagals

Post by Seagals »

I am still having issues even with the replacement float. I can try another float whe it comes in but i am not sure their would be 2 bad floats in a row. It is usually sparatic and goes off at different times of the day and night. last night it went off on low water 4 times. the 2nd time i was checking the sump and their was plenty of water in the sump. i also tried changing the location of the float in the sump but it went off 2 more times after that. i finally just unplugged the pin from the controller.

Any thoughts??
rimai

Post by rimai »

Let's try this:

Code: Select all

static unsigned long lastATOCheck=millis();
if (!ReefAngel.LowATO.IsActive()) lastATOCheck=millis();
if (ReefAngel.LowATO.IsActive() && (millis()-lastATOCheck>2000)) ReefAngel.Relay.RelayMaskOff&=~(Port8Bit | Port7Bit | Port1Bit);
This code will only do the override if the float is triggered for at least 2 seconds.
Let me know if it works this way.
Roberto.
00Warpig00

Post by 00Warpig00 »

I have had issues with two floats... Well one really... In my first situation the float switch was flaky. It was under several inches of water and the float apparently didn't like to actually float. I replaced that float switch and all is working fine as of now. The second... Just today I installed another float switch in the bottom of my 44 gallon Saltwater Brute for my water change/ATO. I finished installing the float switch and went to the controller and it was showing an active (closed) state. I figured I must have another flaky float switch... NOPE My ATO/WC Pump was too close to the float switch and the magnets inside the pump were activating the float switch contacts. I moved the pump further away from the float switch and all is well. So you may just want to verify you have nothing with a magnetic field near your float switches. They CAN/WILL cause a false active state. :)

Nick
180G FOWLR
20GH QT#1
29G QT#2

Seagals

Post by Seagals »

THnaks, the latest code with 2 sec delay has been working
Seagals

Post by Seagals »

My low water cut off has been working fine since 2012 but recently has stopped working. I tried replacing the float as well as connecting the two wires to simulate contact but the RA doesn't seem to be kicking the main pump off. I haven't changed the code since it was entered in 2012 - any thoughts?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Can you unplug the cable from RA and check if you get the same behavior when you short out the pins in the head unit??
It could be something may have damaged that port. Check for water damage.
Roberto.
Seagals

Post by Seagals »

Thanks for reply Roberto, Same behavior...nothing happens. I also tried switching the connections, to no avail. The pins on the left are my low water cutoff for the main pump and the pins to the right are my hi water cut off for my skimmer cup. The pins on the right works fine so I tried switching the low water with the high water and the pins on the left and left pins are NG. I can't see how any water would get in their since the unit is mounted high up under the cabinet.

Any suggestions on port repair?
rimai

Post by rimai »

If the port is bad, I don't think there is a way to repair, but to send it back.
Roberto.
Seagals

Post by Seagals »

Uffa! - Would you please be able to email me the details involved, length of time, shipping, etc. and anything else you feel would be pertinent? (I am assuming you have my contact info from my screen name).

Thanks