Totally Lost..

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
thedru13

Totally Lost..

Post by thedru13 »

Ok just got the RA I am totally new to controllers and I am struggling with setting this up. here is my set up.
24g Nano with a HQI Sunpod which has 2 sets of moonlights. So 3 plugs to run my lights.
I don't have an ATO so just want to run my lights and Temp and pH. Can anyone help me set this up. I am really lost. I am using a mac and got the controller to read the test blink code but can't get it to do much else. I need to calibrate the pH probe and just ordered the wifi unit. Here is what I am looking to do. any help as far as code and where to plug things into would be really helpful. Thanks

As far as mapping out what I want
1. Daytime lights so my HQI Lights need to turn on at 12:05pm and shut off at 905pm
2. My Moonlights need to turn on at 905pm and turn off around 10am.
3. I don't have an ATO yet so not a concern there
4. My temp needs to run between 78 and 81
5. Want the pH probe to work

So that being said I just need to understand where to plug things in and how to get my lights to work. I will get calibration fluid this weekend.
rimai

Re: Totally Lost..

Post by rimai »

I think the preloaded code would've worked just fine for you.
Did you play around with it before you loaded the blink code?
If not, just reload it again.
Open the Arduino IDE and use the "Up Arrow" button, which is labeled "Open" and you will see ReefAngelSimple.
Pick that and click upload.
It will reload the preloaded code back in for you.
Roberto.
thedru13

Post by thedru13 »

Thanks Roberto.. just having trouble grasping the concept of it all. So if I put that code in do i use the controller to set the times? Also where do i plug my lights into what sockets? Sorry for the dumb questions just want to make sure I get it right before i unplug everything on my tank.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Roberto.
thedru13

Post by thedru13 »

Ok will keep messing around with it. Thanks for the quick response Roberto!!!