Moonlight using an ATO or alternate receptacle

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
alexwbush

Moonlight using an ATO or alternate receptacle

Post by alexwbush »

I am running blue and while LEDs using my PWM receptacles on my main relay module. I don't know where to plug in my new moonlights :lol: . I had heard you can use one of the ATO plugs. Is it also possible to use a second relay expansion module? I am open to either.

Any ideas on how to program it? Thanks!
rimai

Re: Moonlight using an ATO or alternate receptacle

Post by rimai »

ATO only has 0-5VDC PWM and is very week to be used with the dimmable moonlights.
You need a boosted PWM channel, either from the Main relay box, PWM expansion module or stand-alone PWM booster.
The PWM Booster can be used as stand-alone, but you need to feed 12VDC and won't have an enclosure.
It could turn the ATO port into a 3rd boosted PWM channel and then be used as moonlights port.
Roberto.
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

I just got the PWM expansion module. Plug and play with the Moonlight and I plan on using extra outputs for PWM fans for cooling. I ran a moonlight off the ATO and like Roberto said its only 0-5vdc .
alexwbush

Post by alexwbush »

I might use the blue LED PWM and wire it to both the blues and the moonlight. Can you see any harm other than the moonlight would pretty much be on all day?

Roberto, I still need to wire up that other I/O module... probably after vacation when I swap the board.
rimai

Post by rimai »

You can do that.
We can even schedule it just right so you have PWM slope for the actinics and then at night, we switch to moonphase cycle and turn the drivers off , to keep just the moonlights on.
That way, you get the best of both worlds.
Roberto.
alexwbush

Post by alexwbush »

perfect! Now I have to figure out where to attach it to my tank