ATO vacation schedule not functioning

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
ReefingHavoc

ATO vacation schedule not functioning

Post by ReefingHavoc »

Just got my RA up and running a little over a week ago and set up a simple vacation program. The one section of code that seemed to fail was my ATO. I came home and the water was well above the float. My intention was to have the ATO only turn on at noon or 2pm if the water level was low enough to trigger the float. If triggered it should run a maximum of 2 min. For the record I'm using SingleATO. Help with my code!?

if ((hour()==12 && minute()==0 && second()==0) || (hour()==14 && minute()==0 && second()==0))
{
ReefAngel.SingleATO( true,Port2,120,0 );
}

I'm still trying to learn Arduino so an explanation as to why this won't work would be helpful as well. Thanks ~
lnevo

Re: ATO vacation schedule not functioning

Post by lnevo »

With that code it will only run the ATO for one second at the 2 times you specified.
ReefingHavoc

Post by ReefingHavoc »

If that's the case I can't figure out how an inch of water was added to my 29 gal over the course of a week. Plus, I thought my float switch would stop it from turning on. I tested the float switch and it's functioning properly. Any suggestions on coding this? Might have to do some more testing.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Because the ato code doesn't have enough time to ever shut the port off so it's getting stuck on.

As far as what you are trying to do, i would just let your ato run naturally.