ecoxotic Stunner LED Strips

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
ecam

ecoxotic Stunner LED Strips

Post by ecam »

Stunner
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... atid=21598

inline-dimmer

Guys, i purchased this stunner strip to go with my t5s. it has an inline dimmer http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... 4326&rel=1. Because of this can i get the reef angel to control it so that i can set up moon phases?

Thanks
binder

Re: ecoxotic Stunner LED Strips

Post by binder »

I don't think you can but I'm not 100% positive. I have the Panorama Pro and a Stunner strip but haven't tried using the inline dimmer module. You probably could do that but might have to splice into the wires to control the signal going to the modules. Others may have to chime in on this topic though too.
ecam

Post by ecam »

Thanks Binder for the glimmer of hope... Can Roberto or lnevo confirm or deny this before i splice the dimmer cable.. thanks
rimai

Post by rimai »

Sorry, I never seen this fixture before.
I highly doubt you can do anything with it though.
I don't think they are dimmable by 3rd party controllers.
You should ask the manufacturer.
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Doubt it. Any manufacturer right now is gonna include their own controller, be APEX Ready (analog) or be pot only. Nobody is making externally controllable pwm fixtures.
ecam

Post by ecam »

lnevo wrote:Doubt it. Any manufacturer right now is gonna include their own controller, be APEX Ready (analog) or be pot only. Nobody is making externally controllable pwm fixtures.

But if its analog ready... cant i control it through my Analog dimming channels?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

If it is in fact 0-10v analog then yes.
johniii

Post by johniii »

Just browsing ecoxotics website. It appears the are using pwm on the line voltage 12-24vdc. In order to use the RA I believe a circuit would have to be built to switch a transistor with the RA pwm. The ecoxotic signal will need to pass through the collector/emitter of the transistor.