How hard is this gonna be?

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
StuGotz

Re: How hard is this gonna be?

Post by StuGotz »

rimai wrote:The flickering is a limitation of the Meanwell drivers and not RA.
http://www.meanwell.com/search/eln-60/eln-60-spec.pdf
If you look at the datasheet, this happens right about 15%, where the signal fluctuates from 0% to 15% and any very slight change on the signal will cause it to go either 0% or 15%, which causes the effect you perceive as flickering.
Not all drivers present this behavior though. I've handled drivers that didn't do it and some that did. I don't know if they were from different batches or what made them not present this behavior.
What I recommend is using a minimum for the slope of 15% or higher. Since you dialed it down to 800mA, it will be slightly higher, probably close to 20% in your case.
But you can't change the start percentage of the slope on the preloaded code.
You will need to play around to see what is the minimum it will take without flickering.
Our of curiosity, does the actinic channel also present the same behavior?
I'm using Inventronics EUC -025S070DS drivers and I noticed my actinic channel started to "strobe" this week while ramping up/down. Since my other driver driving the white LEDs didn't do this I thought maybe the driver was bad. I have a replacement coming, hopefully it works like the other, if not, I guess I'll pin down the point where it stops flickering and use that as my starting point too. Great info, as always, Roberto!