Custom Variables

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
lnevo

Re: Custom Variables

Post by lnevo »

Yes the VO represents Virtual Outlet in my naming convention. They are outlets that don't exist physically that I use to trigger activity in some of my functions. Mainly I use the RefillATO and EnableATO. The RefillATO fills my ato reservoir until it hits 100% and the EnableATO function is part of my water change that turns my auxilliary pump in my new SW into an ATO as I drain the tank with my reactor pump :)

Vacation and AutoFeed are tied to the memory location as well but an easy way to see/change the status of those modes.

Calibrate is the import one when it comes to dosing. It's used in conjunction with the LockPorts relay. Basically my dosing pumps can not be masked on / off in the portal or on the phone apps. If a mask is detected its removed immediately before the relay gets a chance to actually turn on. This prevents the dreaded oops my alk was on all day... Now my calibration on the other hand requires that you can turn on and off the ports. So first I unlock the ports by turning off the lock port relay. Then I turn on the calibration switch. Now I can manually turn on/off the dosing pumps and fill a container to whatever volume I want. Then if I want to save the changes, I turn off the calibration and then lock the ports. If I want to scrap the calibration, I turn off the lock ports and the timers are scrapped.

Now the nice thing about the calibration is it reuses some of the code in the LogDosing function to keep track of how long the relay was on. So at the end of the routine when I measure let's say 10ml of fluid, however long the pump was on while calibration relay was on is what is stored in memory for the calibration time. The time and volume determine the rate and my DosingPumps function uses the volume you specifcy to calculate how long to dose based on the calibration values.

Sorry if that was long and involved. But overall the virtual outlets are great. They are a fantastic method to trigger a function you want to happen in the RA without having to fiddle with memory to trigger it.
rossbryant1956

Post by rossbryant1956 »

Dude, you are really scary... Thx. :?
Roscoe's Reefs - Starting Over Again:

Building new 29g Nano after landlord went berserk over my 4 75 gallon tanks, Multiple RA's, Water mixing stations, etc. Your help welcomed in remembering all I've forgotten.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Uhm...thanks? :)