ATO setup

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
dvdcox

ATO setup

Post by dvdcox »

I am a noob at this so please help me set this up properly
I would like to set the ATO up with one float switch in the sump and the other in the reservoir so the pump will not run dry when level gets to low in reservoir. I don't have room for a large reservoir and don't want the pump to burn up. How can I accomplish this. Also I would like an alert sent if the reservoir runs low. I guess it would run like a JBJ ATO. I saw a previous post about this subject matter but was not sure what needs to be inserted in the code or where. also if anything should be altered in the existing code
thanks
Dave
rimai

Re: ATO setup

Post by rimai »

What port is your ATO pump connected to?
Roberto.
dvdcox

Post by dvdcox »

Dave
rimai

Post by rimai »

Try this:

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.SingleATO(true,Port7,60,0); // Setup port 7 as ato using high ATO port
  if (ReefAngel.LowATO.IsActive()) ReefAngel.Relay.Off(Port7); // Override port 7 if low ATO port is active.
Roberto.
dvdcox

Post by dvdcox »

Do I add this at the end of the code? and does it matter how the float switches are used in relation to the float switch ports
Dave
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Put the code inside the loop function in the section that says place custom code here.

If you switch the ports for the switches you need to use false instead of true for the SingleATO function.
dvdcox

Post by dvdcox »

thank you will hook it up tomorrow
Dave