WiFi Help

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
divingdon

Re: WiFi Help

Post by divingdon »

That seemed to work but now when i compile the new sketch i'm being told that its too big. I have selected the following features

display images, setup extras, date/time setup, direct temp sensors and wifi

and i normal add version menu, and overheat setup and display led pwm,

so i'm not sure what is happeing now.

How soon will the new library be released?
binder

Post by binder »

The new library won't make a difference. There is just a limited amount of space on the controller for the code. The more features that are added in, the more space it will take up.

I can say that you won't need the Setup Extras or the Overheat Setup. Those 2 just give you menu entries to adjust the values. Once the values are set, they rarely change which is why they are an option. Using the Internal Memory PDE will set those values initially for you.

Date/Time setup takes up a lot of space. You shouldn't have a problem with the date & time once it is configured and setup. So you can set the date on the controller with a minimal PDE file and then upload your main PDE file to handle everything.

Also, you may want to remove the Display Images to help with the size.
Wifi uses a lot of space to handle all that it does, but you need to have that included in order to use your wifi module.

You may just have to experiment with removing some extra features to get the compile size down. Sometimes this just takes a little testing to get it to work properly unfortunately.
You might want to look at this page: https://github.com/curtbinder/ReefAngel ... Features.h
It gives you a little bit of information about how much space each feature requires.

curt
divingdon

Post by divingdon »

Thanks Curt,

The WiFi is working now with the new sketch hopefully tomorrow the LED's will work properly with the PWMSlope command.

I just noticed and maybe other already have noticed the same thing. That when I'm in the feeding mode the Wifi doesn't stay connected. Is this the way it is supposed to be or did i miscode something??

But again Thanks for all of your help!!

Don
binder

Post by binder »

Correct.

Currently when you enter Feeding Mode or Water Change Mode, the controller does it's own thing and the wifi does not work. An improvement is in the works where the wifi and other monitoring actions are performed during Feeding Mode and Water Change Mode. In fact, check out this thread to give your input:

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31

curt