ATO using Water Level Expansion

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
tom_swell

ATO using Water Level Expansion

Post by tom_swell »

Hi guys,

I'm looking to set up ATO using my water level expansion but i'm a little clueless on how to code it all. Anyone have any ideas? Another quick question when you set the High and Low parameters in % what does each mean? Is low the level at which the pump will turn on and high when it will turn off? Is there some way to set up an alarm using the float valves so that when the float valve activates (above the high mark for the ato) it shuts off my ato pump? just as a secondary precaution.

Also not sure if this belongs here but is there a guide somewhere on setting up email notifications and stuff? So i can be alerted if temperature overheats or drops or salinity has problems etc?

Cheers guys,

Slowly getting the hang of this equipment :P
rimai

Re: ATO using Water Level Expansion

Post by rimai »

Use the wizard. It's very simple.
Yes, the low % is when it turns on and the high % is when it turns off.
So, use something like this:

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.WaterLevelATO(Port1,45,55,30); // On at 45% and Off at 55% with 30 second timeout.
if (!ReefAngel.HighATO.IsActive()) ReefAngel.Relay.Off(Port1); // Turns off Port1 is high ato is floating
For alarms, set them up in the Portal.
Roberto.
iiluisii

Post by iiluisii »

Now how you figure out where is 55% and where is 45% also how can I set that if the level is at 60% it will shut off the return pump and is the level is at 40% it would also shut off the return pump
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

You calibrate it and then set the % accordingly. It may not be the numbers you want. You need to see what % it reads when its at the levels you want to program.
iiluisii

Post by iiluisii »

Where do you calibrate it