Water level expansion and skimmer shutoff.

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
sabo

Water level expansion and skimmer shutoff.

Post by sabo »

Hi folks. Every month or so something decides to spawn in my tank at night which makes my skimmer go nuts. The skimmer pulls water out faster than the ato can replace it. Thankfully I have a float switch on my collection drum which shuts it off when its full and that's worked very well. However, the water level in my return section gets dangerously low. (Collection drum is 25litres)

My water level sensor settings are in internal memory set at 40 and 42 which works perfectly for the usual running of the tank, and I never get ato timeouts unless something unusual is happening.

What I'd like to do is code for the skimmer to turn off if the water level gets down to say 37 and stay shutoff until I reset it. I'd also like to have that number in memory so I can tweak it without having to reload code.

When you calibrate the ato, its a 4 figure number, so I guess it gets converted in code somewhere to a percentage. Just wondering whether I can just use a percentage in my shutoff code without having to call another function to convert it.

I'm away at work at the moment without my laptop, so havent even started to try and write what I need yet, so if you can think of something off the top of your head to get me in the right direction, much appreciated! :)
lnevo

Re: Water level expansion and skimmer shutoff.

Post by lnevo »

Dont be afraid to use the function. You can go by percent. ReefAngel.WaterLevel.GetLevel() i believe is the right function to return the percentage.
sabo

Post by sabo »

Or maybe it would be simpler to just shut off the skimmer on ato timeout?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Water Level is a better choice.

if (ReefAngel.WaterLevel.GetLevel() < InternalMemory.read(MEMORY_LOCATION) ) ReefAngel.Relay.Off(SkimmerPort);
sabo

Post by sabo »

Yeah, probably right. Then I can do something similar for the return if it gets even lower too. Thanks Inevo, I'll have a crack at it when I get back home.