Emergency shut off ATO pump in case of high water level

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
tom_swell

Emergency shut off ATO pump in case of high water level

Post by tom_swell »

Hi guys,

I'm using the water level expansion at the moment to run my ATO. I was wondering if there is some code i can put in that will instantly shut off the ATO port in case the water level gets too high. Say the reef angel gets rebooted and the pump automatically runs for a while, if it goes over say 100% is there a way to override all other rules and shut it off?

This is my ATO code right now:
ReefAngel.WaterLevelATO( Port6,30,90,100 )

However it seems to stop pumping as soon as it hits 90, I thought hitting 90 was when it would turn on and it would then pump until it hit 100? Say the 30 seconds runs out and it still hasn't hit that level, is there a way for it to keep on pumping without manually clearing? Even when i manually clear it seems to not turn back on again once it's over 90.

ANy tips are appreciated guys!
lnevo

Re: Emergency shut off ATO pump in case of high water level

Post by lnevo »

You have it turning on at 30 and off at 90 and a 100 second timeout. :)

Put this as one of the last lines in your INO in the custom code section.

if (ReefAngel.WaterLevel.GetLevel() >= 100) ReefAngel.Relay.Off(Port6);
tom_swell

Post by tom_swell »

Haha bugger thanks for that, i generated that code with the wizard so I'm not sure what's going on there :\

Also any tips on how i can get the water level to appear on the homescreen of the console? I know there's a whole separate list of code but i was hoping i could just add the water level to the homescreen so i can be able to get temp, pH and water level at a quick glance.

EDIT: I'm not sure about that as Roberto previosuly said:
rimai wrote:Use the wizard. It's very simple.
Yes, the low % is when it turns on and the high % is when it turns off.
So, use something like this:

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.WaterLevelATO(Port1,45,55,30); // On at 45% and Off at 55% with 30 second timeout.
if (!ReefAngel.HighATO.IsActive()) ReefAngel.Relay.Off(Port1); // Turns off Port1 is high ato is floating
For alarms, set them up in the Portal.
Also the Reef Angel library (http://www.easte.net/RA/html/class_reef ... f160f6a39c) Seems to show the ATO code as WaterLevelATO (ATORelay, ATOTimeoue, LowLevel, HighLevel)
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Your right. My bad...doesnt seem to he acting that way does it though. Can you try changing 100 to 99 maybe..