Speedwave return as Dimming Port

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
g6gang

Speedwave return as Dimming Port

Post by g6gang »

So I finally hooked up my Jabeo cable to my Speedwave Return pump and the RA Plus. I have the power plugged in on Relay 8 and the Dimmer hooked up to Daylight.

From the web page I change the value to 20 and click set override. The pump then just shuts off. Putting it back to 90 and the pump works ok.

Are there certain values that will only work for this pump?

my code will look like (to make it slow down in feed mode as opposed to shut off) - I have not tried this yet:

Start:

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.PWM.SetDaylight(90);
Loop:

Code: Select all

if ( feedStart==false) 
  ReefAngel.PWM.SetDaylight(90);
else
  ReefAngel.PWM.SetDaylight(10);
lnevo

Re: Speedwave return as Dimming Port

Post by lnevo »

The new dev libraries set a threshold because they do stop working below ~30% some have higher some have lower thresholds.

You could also use (ReefAngel.DisplayedMenu==FEEDING_MODE) as a check to see if your in feeding mode btw and not need the extra variable.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

oh also if you are using the DCPump library you could set the FeedingModeSpeed...
g6gang

Post by g6gang »

Thanks - Is there an upper limit as well? On my Speedwave controller there were 6 stops. I would normally run at the full 6 lights and then click down to 3 lights when I feed. I was hesistant to try setting Daylight to 100%.

Will 100% ~ 6 lights
30% ~ 1 light or 3 lights?

BTW I tried 30 and that also did not work - so 50% seems to kick things down to what I was looking for. Now trying to see what max speed would be.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I also have speed wave and anything less than 50% is not enough to overcome the 3ft head that I have.
The pump does spin though.
Roberto.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

g6gang wrote:Thanks - Is there an upper limit as well? On my Speedwave controller there were 6 stops. I would normally run at the full 6 lights and then click down to 3 lights when I feed. I was hesistant to try setting Daylight to 100%.

Will 100% ~ 6 lights
30% ~ 1 light or 3 lights?

BTW I tried 30 and that also did not work - so 50% seems to kick things down to what I was looking for. Now trying to see what max speed would be.
I don't have the Speedwave. I have a Jebao DC1200, but have not set it up yet.
100% should equal 6 lights and if it decreases evenly then 3 lights should be 30%.

1 light would be about 16-17% I don't think the RA will take it that low.
Like Lee said the DC pumps have a lower limit (at least the Jebao's do) and it is around 25-30%.