Some assistance with kalk stirrer

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
dapg8gt

Some assistance with kalk stirrer

Post by dapg8gt »

Hello all I have a quick question I would like to ask. I'm implementing my kalk stirrer back online to reduce the amount of 2 part I'm going thru on my sps tank and wanted to run something by the experts as I'm literally only coding using the wizard.

I am going to be running my kalk stirrer separate of my Ato with an aqua lifter and am planning on just using the third dosing pump option on the wizard so I can control it with the Android app also to fine tune it. My question is how would I go about adding in a safe guard to it like if pH reaches 8.5 to tell it not to run that hour. I'm basically trying to break up a gallon of top off into 24 doses (hourly) to run daily with the exception of pH being above 8.5..ive found some similar pH limiting codes but if I'm using the wizard where would I add it? I would just reference the relay I'm using and use the code in custom code here?

Thanks in advance I'm sure this is super easy and I'm just not comprehending it, since I haven't had to mess with the programming in so long I'm just as lost as I was initially.. I have a ton more questions but I need to look for it on the forum before asking here hoping I won't have to bother others if I can find it myself..

Thanks Daniel
My other hobby has 450rwhp and eats tires instead of mysis!
lnevo

Re: Some assistance with kalk stirrer

Post by lnevo »

You will use the DosingPumpRepeat function to setup your dosing routine. After that you will put code to disable it if the ph is higher then 8.5. The key is that you don't want any other code referencing the dosing relay port once you've done the safety check for ph. If you've seen other ph limiting code, it would be pretty much the same.

ReefAngel.DosingPumpRepeat3(PortX);
if (ReefAngel.Params.PH > 850) ReefAngel.Relay.Off(PortX);
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

Thanks so I just reference the dosing pump repeat 3 function in the custom code field as you have written it with my relay number correct? And it will be on the expansion relay so I need to add expansion relay 1 ( I'll find the correct term searching the forum for expansion reference)
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Yep. The syntax is Box1_Port1 for the first port on the first expansion relay box.
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

Perfect much appreciated.. You replied faster than I could nail down my search =)..

Now it's off to attempt to get stable levels of alk ( that I already have =) just to save some coin.. I'm going thru 200 ml of each cal/alk daily and it's becoming a battle to keep my 1g jugs from going empty without me knowing or remembering. I'm also going to try to work in your code for tracking consumption of my 2 part but only after I update my wifi module as my non coding head hurts trying to figure out what I need to do for that lol.. I have so many bookmarks of RA things I want to try I just need to sit down and make myself understand it..

Again thanks for the quick response and support I truly appreciate the effort and knowledge you ( and others) Have put into this great controller platform..

Daniel
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

One more question for the stirrer itself. As of right now I have it on box_1 port 6 in a opposite state of the pump. What can I use to have it stir for the first 10 mins of the hour while it's not pumping. So as of now since it's the 3rd dosing pump it's on a 15 min delay so I think the first 10 mins should work fine.

Been trying to search for kalk stirrers to mimic the code anything else that's similar I can search for to make it work for my needs? Only other thing I can see is treating it like a dosing pump code wise but I want to make sure if I hard code that in its not going to mess with my other dosing pumps if I don't code it right.. Thanks Daniel
rimai

Post by rimai »

Correct. It would never collide, because the dosing 3 is 15 min offset from the hour.
So this code should work:

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.Relay.Set ( Box1_Port6,minute()<10 );
Roberto.