Automatic water change?

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
Lionfan

Re: Automatic water change?

Post by Lionfan »

lnevo wrote:Lionfan.

I gave my INO as an example. There is no reason the same mechanism couldn't be automated. I don't see why there would be any salinity issues with what I proposed...

All you'd need to do is...

Disable RO ATO
Enable SW ATO
Turn on drain pump for X amount of time.
Disable SW ATO
Enable RO ATO

You've removed whatever amount of saltwater and replaced with exactly the same amount. There's no calibration needed and no siphons u-tubes, etc. Nothing to forget. If you run out of saltwater, you trigger an ATO timeout and disable the drain pump. You resume the RO ATO and you're back in business.

I like my method. The only reason I do it manually is because I haven't run a connection to my saltwater station downstairs and i have to run a hose to the bathroom for drainage. Otherwise I would totally do exactly that with the volume I want removed spaced out a few times a day or something. You could even treat the drain pump as a dosing pump command and set the port for your ATO based on if that pump is on or off.
Exactly!! Sorry, I was confused while reading your post at first. Even if I had to do it manually, with my phone, that would work. I don't know enough about code to figure out what I need to write.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Ok well when you have all the pieces put together its a pretty straight forward routine we could put together. I'd need to know what ports, what timings, frequency, etc. we could use one of the three dosing pumps for the timings and you could set the details in the portal
Lionfan

Post by Lionfan »

lnevo wrote:Ok well when you have all the pieces put together its a pretty straight forward routine we could put together. I'd need to know what ports, what timings, frequency, etc. we could use one of the three dosing pumps for the timings and you could set the details in the portal
Alright, I'm going to get everything together thru the holidays, and well jump on it at the start of the year. Should be a good project.