ZeoVit Dosing Mode

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
luckybaker4

ZeoVit Dosing Mode

Post by luckybaker4 »

Hello,

I just recently started the Zeovit program. Part of the recommendations of ZeoVit is to have the reactor placed after the skimmer, so that the bacteria "mulm" that comes out of it during agitation doesn't get skimmed off and makes it to the corals.

Unfortunately, with my setup, this isn't possible. In order to prevent this, I've been unplugging the skimmer for 30 minutes after mixing the reactor. Unfortunately, I'm rather forgetful and have forgotten to plug it back in on several occasions.

I'd like to add another mode (let's call it dosing mode) that I can select from the RA head unit. It would basically be exactly like the feed mode, except I would have different ports that I toggle.

Has anyone done anything similar before? I'd rather not re-invent the wheel. I tried doing some search, but haven't turned anything up yet.

Thanks!
rimai

Re: ZeoVit Dosing Mode

Post by rimai »

Why not just automate the whole thing and let RA control both of them?
Roberto.
luckybaker4

Re: ZeoVit Dosing Mode

Post by luckybaker4 »

I wish I could. Unfortunately, my ZeoVit reactor is not one of the automated ones, so I'll have to manually pump them.

After I posted, I had a thought. Why not just use water change mode since I don't currently use it. I'll just add a timer on it to stop the skimmer for 30 minutes after the end of water change mode. When I go to dose, I can just toggle water change mode and then the timer will take care of everything for me.

Haven't tested it yet, but here's the code I plan on trying:

Code: Select all

// Set timer when in water change mode
    static unsigned long dosing;
    if (ReefAngel.DisplayedMenu==WATERCHANGE_MODE) dosing=now();

if (now()-dosing<1800) {
      //turn skimmer off for 30 minutes
      ReefAngel.Relay.Override(Port4,0);
    }
    else {
      //Set skimmer back to auto
      ReefAngel.Relay.Override(Port4,2);