Wifi/coding

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
Ferdi

Wifi/coding

Post by Ferdi »

Hi, can you please help with the folling questions and problems.

1. I have a Hailea food timer (own timer) that i use when we go away for the weekend and also want to use it when we go on holiday. Is there a code that i can add to make the RA go automatically into feeding mode @ 9am and 5pm?

2. I see there is a new setting/option in the RA Wizard RANet add-on and also Dynamic DNS. Please define :roll:

3. Why is it that every time the power goes off and on again i have to re setup my wifi attachment? Background, i have a netgear router that only gives internet to my Apple airport extreme. The airport extreme is my "wifi". Now firstly its a shlep to do the resetup every time ( from South Africa and we have ALLOT of loadshedding) and secondly, can't do the resetup when away from home.

4. Is there a way to see when(time) my dosing pumps comes on for dosing?

5. Is there a way to change coding without the cable?

Many thanks. :oops:
binder

Re: Wifi/coding

Post by binder »

Ferdi wrote:Hi, can you please help with the folling questions and problems.

1. I have a Hailea food timer (own timer) that i use when we go away for the weekend and also want to use it when we go on holiday. Is there a code that i can add to make the RA go automatically into feeding mode @ 9am and 5pm?
Yes, there is. I don't have anything off hand but it would be something like this:

Code: Select all

if ((hour() ==9)||hour()==17)) && minute()==0 && seconds()==0){
ReefAngel.FeedingModeStart();
}
That code should work. It basically says that at either 9am or 5pm, start feeding mode. Feeding mode will run for 15 minutes (unless the time is changed). I know others are doing something like this and they can comment further, but at least this is a quick and dirty method to work. My syntax is not verified, which can be done.
2. I see there is a new setting/option in the RA Wizard RANet add-on and also Dynamic DNS. Please define :roll:
Dynamic DNS is a feature that ReefAngel provides now. Here is a link discussing it: http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.ph ... hilit=DDNS

Most free services of this type are harder to use or have switched to be a pay service. We now have this option free to us.

The RANet addon is a wireless port module. So you can wirelessly control the ports. There is another thread discussing it. Here's the thread: http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.ph ... ilit=ranet
5. Is there a way to change coding without the cable?
No. Unless you have a bluetooth module, you cannot update your code without the cable.
Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

Thanks binder,

Only had time now to play around.

I did add the code but it gives me an error. Tried a few stuff but just can't get it right.

Can you please help with the error.

Expected primary-expression before 'll' token (what is missing?)
binder

Post by binder »

I looked at the code and I made a mistake with it. I was missing some parenthesis which is why it was giving you the error. This code should fix the problem:

if (((hour() ==9)||(hour()==17)) && minute()==0 && seconds()==0){
}
Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

:shock: Thanks a mil!

It still gives an error for seconds.

'Seconds' was not declared in this scope

Did try to put the seconds where the 0 is but it still gives the same error.

Please help again :shock:
binder

Post by binder »

instead of using "seconds", switch it to "second", like this:

if (((hour() ==9)||(hour()==17)) && minute()==0 && second()==0){
}
the problem is the function "seconds()" does not exist in the arduino libraries but "second()" does. it was a typographical error again on my part.
this should hopefully work. that's what i get for not paying attention when editing code. :)
Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

Hey no problem. At Least now i don't feel like a total retard. Hehe

Still learning. Slowly but getting there.

Thanks again
binder

Post by binder »

you're welcome. take it slow and read up on things.

Sent from my Moto X