Avoiding overflow with float switch

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
astralmind

Avoiding overflow with float switch

Post by astralmind »

Well... I've been out of the game for waaay too long and I'm getting lazy it seems :)

I've generated my very simple code thanks to the wonderful Wizard for dummies (using the internal memory) and assume it will do exactly what it said it would.

Now the only element for now that I'd like to add is using SingleATOHigh to stop my return pump if the float switch gets turned off (pushed up). This would indicate something is blocking off the way down to the sump and the level in the upper tank is rising abnormally. I would also like an alter to be sent my way if this happens.

The code for my actual Auto top off, generated by the wizard looks like this : ReefAngel.SingleATOLow( Port6 ); where Port6 is the port of my ATO pump. I'd like it to behave opposite to this (ie when the float starts to float and opens the circuit, making it inactive). How would I code that ?

Thanks,

Edit: noticed this in an older thread : if (ReefAngel.HighATO.IsActive) ReefAngel.Relay.Off(Port8); Wouldn't this require the float switch to be upside down for it to work as intended ? "IsActive" means closed circuit hence water level low which in this case is what we want for the port to be On.
lnevo

Re: Avoiding overflow with float switch

Post by lnevo »

It doesn't matter how you have it mounted. It depends on your configuration.

You can use ! to reverse the behavior depending on how yours is configured.

if (!ReefAngel.HighATO.IsActive) ReefAngel.Relay.Off(Port8);

Active typically implies a closed circuit.