Dosing kalk

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
jx4hansen

Dosing kalk

Post by jx4hansen »

I am going to configure one of the ports to turn on to dose kalkwasser from either a 1or5 gallon container. Would like to be able to turn it on and off several times day and night for several minutes. Is this doable?

Thanks, Joel
binder

Re: Dosing kalk

Post by binder »

jx4hansen wrote:I am going to configure one of the ports to turn on to dose kalkwasser from either a 1or5 gallon container. Would like to be able to turn it on and off several times day and night for several minutes. Is this doable?

Thanks, Joel
Yes it is doable. In the latest version of my development libraries, there is a feature called "Multi Dose". You can set your dosing pump to run every X minutes and for specified amount of time (in seconds up to 255, which is a little over 4 minutes). So say you wanted to dose kalkwasser for 3 minutes every 4 hours, you can have it programmed to work like that. An example of how to do that would be:

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.DosingPumpRepeat(Port7, 1, 240, 180);
// OR
ReefAngel.DosingPumpRepeat1(Port7);
The first line hard codes Port7 using timer 1 and it turns on the dosing pump every 240 minutes (4 hours) and runs it for 180 seconds (3 minutes).
The second line utilizes the built in memory (reads the values from the internal memory) so you can change it from the controller or through the Client Suite (when implemented) and it forces it to use Timer 1.

curt