Delayed start on a StandardHeater device

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
jcjrogersstar

Delayed start on a StandardHeater device

Post by jcjrogersstar »

I have my UV's pump and bulb on separate relays. I currently run my UV bulb as a StandardHeater with the parameters hard coded (my real heaters are managed via internal memory). I do this because during the summer, the UV bulb generates enough heat to cause my late afternoon tank temp to get higher than my normal temperature range. With my current program, my UV bulb turns off for 2-3 hours during the late afternoon/early evening on hot days.

I want to use Feeding Mode for coral feeding, and I want to shut down my skimmer, UV pump, and UV bulb for maybe 1.25 hours during Feeding Mode. I'm looking for the best and/or easiest way to accomplish this. I'm pretty good with sketch files but only have a very basic understanding of the library files, meaning I know what they are but don't know how to access these files on my controller or how to upload edited library files (I assume I can probably upload via the Webwizard).

I just want to make sure I get it right as running the UV bulb without water circulating would be a BAD thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.