Basic dosing question

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
jcjrogersstar

Basic dosing question

Post by jcjrogersstar »

I want to stop running kalk via my ATO and start dosing instead. I can get the code for repeating and offset times from the Webwizard, but I don't understand how to identify a starting time or if there is just a default. I plan to dose every 60 minutes with no offset (using internal memory values), but I don't understand when the first 60 minutes starts... 60 min from the time I upload the code, 60 min from the last controller reboot, 60 min after 12:00 am, etc.? I don't really care what time the whole process starts, but I want it to be consistent based on some hour of the day, not restart the 60 minute schedule after every reboot or whatever.

I did find code to run during a particular time of day, which I guess is just an If/Then statement:

Code: Select all

if (hour() > 8 && hour() < 22) ReefAngel.DosingPumpRepeat( Box1_Port1,0,360,6 );
But I still don't know what the "Turn on every (min)" variable is tied to. Using the code above, one might presume the pump would start 360 minutes after 8:00 am and every 360 minutes after that until 10:00 pm, but I don't know for sure. Also in my case, I want to run my pump every hour, 24/7.
rimai

Re: Basic dosing question

Post by rimai »

It is always based on midnight.
Roberto.
jcjrogersstar

Post by jcjrogersstar »

rimai wrote:It is always based on midnight.
Ok, so unless I decide to run only during a specified time, all I need to add is the basic dosing code like that generated in the Webwizard, correct?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yes
Roberto.