error when uploading

New members questions
mineman@mac.com

error when uploading

Post by mineman@mac.com »

I get the following error when uploading. The code validates just fine though.

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libedit.3.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude
Reason: image not found

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?
mineman@mac.com

Re: error when uploading

Post by mineman@mac.com »

Once again... Roberto, you the man!
aus996

Post by aus996 »

I am encountering the same issue, are you able to post what the fix was
aus996

Post by aus996 »

Okay so just completing this post the following link explains what this issue is, it seems to have worked for me, however if you are running LION osx it may have been resolved in any case

http://www.ludicroussoftware.com/blog/2 ... w-leopard/
rimai

Post by rimai »

Just for prosperity and in case the above website goes offline, here is the solution:
So the problem is that libedit.3.dylib isn’t found on my machine. Based on a bit of Googling, it looks like the problem is that I’m running Snow Leopard, which has libedit.2.dylib. However, my guess is that Ansca is building against Lion, which ships with libedit.3.dylib.

Luckily, there’s an easy fix to the problem. Open up the Terminal, and issue the following commands:
cd /usr/lib
sudo ln -s libedit.2.dylib libedit.3.dylib

All you’re doing is navigating to the directory where the debugger is looking for libedit.3.dylib, and creating a symbolic link to libedit.2.dylib named libedit.3.dylib. So when the debugger looks for the latter, it’ll get pointed to the former. After you enter the second command, you’ll have to enter your password.

This seems to be working fine for me so far, but hopefully it’s something for which Ansca can issue a proper fix in the future.
Roberto.