rimai

Re: Analog Dimmers on a PWM Reef Angel

Post by rimai »

Polarized 2 pin connector 0.1" pitch
Roberto.
00Warpig00

Post by 00Warpig00 »

lnevo wrote:Why are the dimmers on expansion relay disabled...is it possible? Is hardware required.or is code the problem? I wouldn't mind being able to add more ra moonlights ;)

While on the subject..what is the dc looking port for on the expansion relay exp module?
Roberto can correct me if I'm wrong here...

I ordered the analog unit. It came with the analog relay box. I also ordered an expansion relay kit. It comes with the PWM relay box.

You can swap them. You can use the Analog or the PWM connected directly to the RA with the SVGA cable and either will work as it was intended but you cannot use those ports on both of them hooked up to the same RA controller at the same time. One or the other, NOT both! So adding a relay expansion box does NOT get you two extra ports.

I have my Primary expansion box (Analog) secured at my Display Tank and when I code/test my controller I take the controller over to my expansion relay box (PWM) that sits by my computer and Quarantine tanks and plug it in to that relay box with the SVGA cable. The two ports work on both boxes so the actual box is not modified to not work (unless Roberto made changes since I received my expansion) it is just not possible to make the two extra ports work on whichever box is hooked up to the Expansion module if BOTH are hooked up in the same system.

Nick
180G FOWLR
20GH QT#1
29G QT#2

rimai

Post by rimai »

Yes, you are correct,
It's not a limitation of the box itself.
All boxes (analog or PWM type) are ready to output the dimming signals, as long as they are hooked up to the head unit by the svga cable.
Roberto.