Code not generating changes !

New members questions
cjrudy

Re: Code not generating changes !

Post by cjrudy »

Ok, good to know about the On and Off overrides, I uploaded a code with hard coded settings and I thinks its working, all the ports show auto. My only issue now is working with a separate ATO switch. When I first set up the controller I plugged my ATO switch into port 1 and it would timeout after 60 seconds. Now that I programmed all the ports, I set the ATO on port 8 but its not on because I am using my own ATO switch.

So is there any simple way to set up a timer on any port ?
rimai

Post by rimai »

You have your own ATO system or your own float switch?
I'm not quite understanding your question.
Roberto.
cjrudy

Post by cjrudy »

My own system, switches , pump etc.

When I first got the RA, I plugged my ATO pump into Port 1 which was always on but would only run for 60 seconds max. Now I have programmed all the ports and Port8 is now the ATO but it always shows off, not sure why.

I am new at this so maybe i am not fully understanding everything.
rimai

Post by rimai »

You probably just need to set port 8 to be always on, if you have your own system.
Roberto.
cjrudy

Post by cjrudy »

Thats how i have it set now, looking to have a timer function on the ATO as a fail safe, any way to set that up on a specific port?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Not with your own system.
RA needs to know when to start the timer and with your own system, it would never know.
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Your code is setting the port to an ato port...if you wanted ra to backup, you would need your float switches setup and plugged in. It will turn the port on only when atolow is active and off when ato high is active or your timeout..at least thats how your code above is written. Otherwise just make it an always on port.
cjrudy

Post by cjrudy »

Got it, thanks for everyone's help.

I am just using an "AutoTopOff.com" float switch setup, maybe I can just wire the two float switches I am currently using into the RA Connectors.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

No reason it wouldn't. Thats the way i would go :) at least then you can monitor and alert on your float switch statuses etc.