Wizard Update

New members questions
Paulturner911

Wizard Update

Post by Paulturner911 »

Will there be updated features within the wizard any time soon?

Id like to change the name of my float switches...the one on the left of the board is the Overflow and the right would be ATO Low...How would I do this?

I would also like to cycles my lights by GPS location. How would I do this?
lnevo

Wizard Update

Post by lnevo »

Paul,

Ill update the code you posted earlier with the gps based scheduling.

As far as renaming the switches, this is not possible.

Lee
Paulturner911

Re: Wizard Update

Post by Paulturner911 »

lnevo wrote:Paul,

Ill update the code you posted earlier with the gps based scheduling.

As far as renaming the switches, this is not possible.

Lee

So I would cut and paste what you edit in to the sketch, upload. Could I then make changes for delays like the return (30) and powerhead(15) with in wizard? or does the wizard code overwrite what you would be doing? As I stated about the "masks" I think I messed them up from my phone, b/c the feed cycle did not work last night when I tried to activate it from my controller. So I was going to change it in the wizard to day on my firends laptop.
lnevo

Wizard Update

Post by lnevo »

The wizard is good fir starting your code base, but if you want to start doing custom things you can say goodbye to the wizard. I can teach you what to do rather than just give you the code...this way you could do it again later...

As far as masks, they should clear when feeding mode is over. If you still have the blue dots just click on em to make them go away. That will put everything back to auto...
lnevo

Wizard Update

Post by lnevo »

The wizard is good fir starting your code base, but if you want to start doing custom things you can say goodbye to the wizard. I can teach you what to do rather than just give you the code...this way you could do it again later...

As far as masks, they should clear when feeding mode is over. If you still have the blue dots just click on em to make them go away. That will put everything back to auto...
Paulturner911

Post by Paulturner911 »

Yeah.....my tank came close to over heating today since the fans didnot come on when the MH do. The have for the last few days, I may have messed them up with the masks... When I goto the portal i set everything back to auto. I WOULD like to know how to do it! I also want to set some variables for the fans....If the temp is over 80 fans on.... came home to 84, ive never seen that. I do run my mh longer than before but with the fans on it doesnt get near that hot.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Try this:

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.StandardFan(Port1,790,800);
Roberto.
Paulturner911

Post by Paulturner911 »

rimai wrote:Try this:

Thanks. My fan is port2. Im guessing I should change that part? Also where do I place it? Between custom code?
Paulturner911

Post by Paulturner911 »

I placed it here....
void loop()
{
ReefAngel.Relay.DelayedOn( Port1,30 );
ReefAngel.StandardLights( Port2,11,0,23,0 );
ReefAngel.StandardLights( Port3,10,0,22,0 );
ReefAngel.StandardLights( Port5,12,0,19,0 );
ReefAngel.StandardLights( Port6,12,0,19,0 );
ReefAngel.Relay.DelayedOn( Port7,15 );
ReefAngel.StandardLights( Port8,22,0,10,0 );
ReefAngel.StandardLights( Box1_Port2,9,0,19,0 );
ReefAngel.PWM.SetDaylight( MoonPhase() );
ReefAngel.PWM.SetActinic( MoonPhase() );
ReefAngel.StandardFan(Port2,790,800);
////// Place your custom code below here

The second line of code is my original setting from the wizard I use to turn them on an hour before the halides come on and an off an hour after.

What is the 8th line of code that refers to box1 port2 9am-7pm? IM not sure where I would have set that?

Looking over these the are starting to mean something! I just have to get used to this. Is there a way to cancel feedmode on the controller once it has started?
lnevo

Wizard Update

Post by lnevo »

Just hit the joystick button if it goes back to main menu feeding mode is cancelled. It should also work if you cancel from the iphone app.

Give me a bit and I'll give you a tutorial.
Paulturner911

Post by Paulturner911 »

Paulturner911 wrote:I placed it here....
void loop()
{
ReefAngel.Relay.DelayedOn( Port1,30 );
ReefAngel.StandardLights( Port3,10,0,22,0 );
ReefAngel.StandardLights( Port5,12,0,19,0 );
ReefAngel.StandardLights( Port6,12,0,19,0 );
ReefAngel.Relay.DelayedOn( Port7,15 );
ReefAngel.StandardLights( Port8,22,0,10,0 );
ReefAngel.PWM.SetDaylight( MoonPhase() );
ReefAngel.PWM.SetActinic( MoonPhase() );
////// Place your custom code below here

The second line of code is my original setting from the wizard I use to turn them on an hour before the halides come on and an off an hour after.

What is the 8th line of code that refers to box1 port2 9am-7pm? IM not sure where I would have set that?

Looking over these the are starting to mean something! I just have to get used to this. Is there a way to cancel feedmode on the controller once it has started?

What does that 8th line mean?
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

Paulturner911 wrote: What does that 8th line mean?

StandardLights() is a basic timer function. You give it a port, on hour, on minute, off hour, off minute.

Box1_Port2 refers to the second port on your expansion relay box. Whatever equipment is plugged into that port will turn on at 9:00AM and off at 7:00PM. You probably set it up using the wizard when you got to the screen where you can configure your relay expansion.
Paulturner911

Post by Paulturner911 »

dmolton wrote:
Paulturner911 wrote: What does that 8th line mean?

StandardLights() is a basic timer function. You give it a port, on hour, on minute, off hour, off minute.

Box1_Port2 refers to the second port on your expansion relay box. Whatever equipment is plugged into that port will turn on at 9:00AM and off at 7:00PM. You probably set it up using the wizard when you got to the screen where you can configure your relay expansion.
I did that before I got the unit, then wnet back and "unselected" the expansion module once I realized the relay box is not and expansion. I see! So I can remove that line of code when I add the fan temp code and the ato float codes correct?
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

Yep
Paulturner911

Post by Paulturner911 »

Roberto suggested this for my fan on port2 to turn on after 79....
I would need to change the port# in the code. My question is can I add this in addition to the 2nd line of code which has them as a timed event. Will it work with both?
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

I believe the 2 lines will conflict with each other and you will run into a scenario where the controller is toggling Port2 on and off very rapidly.

What is purpose of the fan on Port 2? Is the fan keeping your lights cool or keeping your tank water cool?

Best way to figure out how to code the fan behavior is to know what exactly you're trying to accomplish with your fan on port 2, and under what circumstances you want it to turn on and off.
Paulturner911

Post by Paulturner911 »

dmolton wrote:I believe the 2 lines will conflict with each other and you will run into a scenario where the controller is toggling Port2 on and off very rapidly.

What is purpose of the fan on Port 2? Is the fan keeping your lights cool or keeping your tank water cool?

Best way to figure out how to code the fan behavior is to know what exactly you're trying to accomplish with your fan on port 2, and under what circumstances you want it to turn on and off.
The fans pump air into my canopy with holes in the top convectionish.... It does make the tank run cooler due to evaporative cooling thouh. I always had them on when the halides come on and an hour after the halides turn off, the fans will also. But the other day, I activated a mask and my fans did not runn all day....oops my tank still has not gotten back to normal operating temp.... So I would like them to run in cycle to the MH BUT in case of anything I would like them to ALSO come on at any temp over 79....no matter of the condition of the MH lights. I would think this is possible.
Also when in the iphone app mine shows Lights: N/A why is this?

Thanks a bunch! the people on this forum have been very helpful in helping me understand this whole RA.
lnevo

Wizard Update

Post by lnevo »

You'll need to custom code that...I would just have the fan temp based though...