Relay expension shuting off then on

New members questions
lh2o

Relay expension shuting off then on

Post by lh2o »

i finished programing my RA and downloaded the code i generated with the RA wizard and all worked well ! really great sw.

the issue i have is that the relay expension goes off then back on right away a few times a day. this uasualy hapens in the moorning but when it goes back on evrything is ON for a fraction of a second then goes back to normal. the problem is my MH and actinics are on theres as well as my skimmer and ATO wich have a delayed start programed. this is not linked to any power failur and is only happening with all that is plugged on the relay expansion.

the main this does not happen to themain relay bar only to all components on the expension module.

any idea of what is causing this what should i do to solve it ?

thanks
rimai

Re: Relay expension shuting off then on

Post by rimai »

Make sure the expansion cables are not close to the ballast and that they are plugged in properly.
Roberto.
lh2o

Post by lh2o »

the cables are plugged ok, they are about a foot away from the ballst us that ok.? ...i don 't think it' s interference from the ballst as this happens while the ballsts are off, whenit resets it puts them on for a second
lh2o

Post by lh2o »

i generated new code and loaded it again, will see how it goes
lh2o

Post by lh2o »

ok so i still have issues with what seems to be the controler rebooting for no reason.. i have been troubleshooting since...here is what i find

when i load my code wich i generate with RA Gen all goes fine wit no issues until i turn somthing off then problem starts

the problems start when i give a comand. ex: if i do water change mode on the controler... it stops what it is supposed to but 1min later it reboot and evrything goes back on then off ...and on then off . this also hapens wheni do water change mode ia ipad as well

the onyway i can stop it from going CrRAzY is to reload my code ...

this also hapens when use any on or off functions from my ipad...afterwards it reboots an every thing goes on then off every 5 to 10 min

this is driving me nuts !!!

help please :?:

i checked all cables an connections and hey are all fine.....i have some concerns as next week i am going on vacation an do not whant any problems
lh2o

Post by lh2o »

forgot to add this seems to be affecting only what is on the relay expansion module
rimai

Post by rimai »

What other expansion modules do you have?
Roberto.
lh2o

Post by lh2o »

only this relay expansion module
rimai

Post by rimai »

I'm trying to get the new libraries update released this weekend. I'm thinking that it may help.
Roberto.
lh2o

Post by lh2o »

ok if yoy think it will help

just to clarify i generate the code using the reef angel wizard

i think the issues are not only with the expansion module but the main relay as well.

here is an example of what happend this moorning...perhaps it can help you undetrstand the issues.

this morning i initiated the water change mode using the controler joystic.as expected, my return pump (on the main relay) ATO and Skimmer (on expansion module ) stopped as the should.

nontheless after 30 sec to 1 min, the cotroler seemed to reboot ant they all started back again on their own. The only way i could do my water change was to physicaly unplug the cords from the outlets

let me know if this helps or if you have any idea of what can be causing this

thanks

Laurent