Portal DDNS

New members questions
rimai

Re: Portal DDNS

Post by rimai »

If you are referring to that section, I think the confusion was on the name of the code???
wifisetup is not wifitestcode.
2. Open the wifi test setup code by going to menu File->Sketchbook->Example Codes and selecting WifiTestCode
Was it the confusion?
Or was simply the missing statement I mention above that I should have a final step "Jump to section: Connecting your Reef Angel Wifi attachment to the Head Unit" at the end of each method??
I'm just trying to understand first hand where you got hung up, so I can improve the manual and help others in the future too :)
Roberto.
coolbird

Post by coolbird »

rimai wrote:If you are referring to that section, I think the confusion was on the name of the code???
wifisetup is not wifitestcode.
2. Open the wifi test setup code by going to menu File->Sketchbook->Example Codes and selecting WifiTestCode
Was it the confusion?
Or was simply the missing statement I mention above that I should have a final step "Jump to section: Connecting your Reef Angel Wifi attachment to the Head Unit" at the end of each method??
I'm just trying to understand first hand where you got hung up, so I can improve the manual and help others in the future too :)
Hi Roberto

I think the jump to step addition would be a good idea, it would make it kind of "fool proof" for people like me :?

Dave
rimai

Post by rimai »

Roberto.
coolbird

Post by coolbird »

rimai wrote:Thanks :)
Plugged the wifi in and it worked straight away,,,,all those problems because I didn't read the instructions through (more than once) properly.

I have had a few occasions where the RA appears to be frozen and had to restart the relay box but that may be a symptom of my other problems, will see how it goes for the next few days.

Again thanks for the help.