Can I control ReefBreeders LED lights with RA?

New members questions
DavidinGA

Can I control ReefBreeders LED lights with RA?

Post by DavidinGA »

I have two of the Photon 32 Reefbreeder (Evergrow) LED's that are a standalone programmable led light that I would like to streamline and control via RA. Possible???

Thanks
-David
rimai

Re: Can I control ReefBreeders LED lights with RA?

Post by rimai »

Are they controllable?
Roberto.
DavidinGA

Post by DavidinGA »

rimai wrote:Are they controllable?

Yes.

www.reefbreeders dot com/it2080.html
rossbryant1956

Post by rossbryant1956 »

Unless this is a new model of the evergrow brand these lights in the past have not been controllable. There are some firms out there doing some third party work on them but no other info that that. They are quite loved on my main board for being inexpensive and a great value but alas, not controllable.

Per the user above, they are controllable, but only by their technology:
The controller has an LCD touch interface, and allows for dimming in half hour, or one hour intervals. You can program a sunrise, sunset, and moon cycle, using the remote, or the touch keys on the unit. The whites/colors, royal blues, and moonlights are all separately programmable.
Still a great light tho
Roscoe's Reefs - Starting Over Again:

Building new 29g Nano after landlord went berserk over my 4 75 gallon tanks, Multiple RA's, Water mixing stations, etc. Your help welcomed in remembering all I've forgotten.
DavidinGA

Post by DavidinGA »

bummer...
markywmson

Post by markywmson »

I too have a Photon 32, and I remember Logan from Reefbreeders telling me they use some sort of Tri-level control, thus disallowing the use of PWM or Analog control on the drivers. However, I would imagine if you are technically inclined the drivers could be swapped out with a controllable one like a Meanwell or something else. I am contemplating doing this eventually...
rossbryant1956

Post by rossbryant1956 »

there is an EE experimenting with this on the low end D120 model of the evergrow (reefbreeders) on my other board and reporting excellent progress. I'll post his notes in a day or so for the engineer types on this board to peruse.
Roscoe's Reefs - Starting Over Again:

Building new 29g Nano after landlord went berserk over my 4 75 gallon tanks, Multiple RA's, Water mixing stations, etc. Your help welcomed in remembering all I've forgotten.