Error uploading

New members questions
Jean-Christophe

Error uploading

Post by Jean-Christophe »

Hello,
my brand new RA arrived today, I'm happy with it but I'm in trouble when I'm trying to upload any code, For the moment I'm just trying to upload the initialmemory code, after I'll us the wizard to get a custom code.
My computer is a mac running on snow leopard.
I had a first problem :
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libedit.3.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude
Reason: image not found

I found an easy solution here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1433

But now I have a second problem:
Rebooting Reef Angel Controller
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

I already read this post : viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1301&start=10
but it didn't help me I checked inside my reef angel and all the plugs at the left of the joystick are in place.

I have try to: reboot my computer, re-install all softwares an drivers
The board selected is reef angel plus controller, the com selected is /dev/tty.usbserial-H01Q70Z

I don't know what to do more, anybody can help me? Maybe the mac is the problem? snow-leopard, should I get Lion?
Thank you for reading.

I just tried to setup my wifi attachment and it doesn't work too, I think that my mac doesn't want to communicate :
Opening Serial Port...
Verifying speed at 9600 baud
** ERROR: Connecting to /dev/tty.usbserial-AH01Q70Z
** Additional installation required to use serial, read the console below.
Jean-Christophe

Re: Error uploading

Post by Jean-Christophe »

Now, I juste feel veeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyy stupid, Yes it will work without power, sorry for taking place and time for stupidity, I find my own solution -> plug it in the relay expansion! MAGIC, it works, I can upload the code...
Now i'll work on my wifi attachment that still not communicate with my computer, I found another post talking about this problem, but there is no answer to get a solution :
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3385&p=27569&hilit=wifi+mac#p27569
siege

Re: Error uploading

Post by siege »

FWIW, I ran into exactly the same problem myself just now.

Tried a few things... reboots, different power options, etc. In the end, I got the upload to work by switching to a different USB port.