Temperature features

New members questions
ganjero

Temperature features

Post by ganjero »

I'm a new use to RA controller (it's on its way). I have been reading the forums and it seems some people have had issues with temperature probes; I have a few questions about temperature.

-Can the controller be programmed to have a safety range for small variances like other controllers when using temps as reference to trigger actions? For example, if I want my heater to go off at temp 79, I want to avoid the heater turning on and off from 78.9 to 79; What I want is that once it hits 79 it goes off and the temp has to go down to 78.5 or even 78 before coming back on. Same would apply for a fan. Can this be done? Is it in the preloaded library/programs?

-Is using two temp probes advisable? Or would it create issues? Also if two probes are plugged I’m assuming each probe can be individually identified, correct? I was thinking in putting one in the sump and one in the display.

-Do the temp probes need to be calibrated?

Thank you
lnevo

Re: Temperature features

Post by lnevo »

By default we can have 3 temp probes.

The functions that use temperature use one of them. I believe they are coded for t1_probe but can be copied and modified easy enough.

The feature you want for range is supported by default.

ReefAngel.StandardHeater(port,low,high)

The port turns on when below the low temp and turns off when it reaches the high temp. So you can set the range to whatever you want.
ganjero

Re: Temperature features

Post by ganjero »

Thanks for the reply.

Also, is there a feature like the fallback on Apex where if the main computer fails or communication with the relay box(es) is lost you can set values for each outlet to stay on or go off?