Getting a new RA and have a few questions

New members questions
Smokieroom

Getting a new RA and have a few questions

Post by Smokieroom »

I am planning on buying a Reef Angel in a few days and I have some questions. First off I am planning on buying a RA Plus with a wifi attachment and 2 extra temp probes and maybe the RF module for my vortechs. I would like to use one of the temp probes for heater control and one to monitor the temp of my LED heatsink. I am using the square tube heatsinks with the pressurizing fan from Steve's LEDs and I would like to have a temp probe on the heatsink so if the fan goes out it will turn off my LEDs to keep them from overheating. Can the temp probes be mounted to a heatsink?

My next question is I am planning on replacing a reef keeper elite on another tank with a RA at some point. I wanted to know if 2 wifi attachments will interfere with each other and could I still control both tanks from my iPhone?

And my last question for right now. If I get RF modules for both tanks will they interfere with each other or do they have a short range?

Thanks in advance I'm sure I will have coding questions cause its been over 10 years since I have programed anything. :lol:
lnevo

Re: Getting a new RA and have a few questions

Post by lnevo »

The tenp probes are cylindrical. You could drill a hole and glue it in with thermal adhesive or just surface mount it. But yes you can do that.

As far as 2 wifi's yes you can do that too, you would just need to have one on a different port and you'd have to change the port in the settings on your iPhone app

The RF module syncs up with the pumps the sane way the pumps sync with each other. I don't see that as a problem if you only sync that tanks pumps with the rf module for that tank.