ATO signal on Portal

New members questions
lnevo

Re: ATO signal on Portal

Post by lnevo »

Glad my code helped someone besides me :)

For the record, you also could have

1) flipped the switch around

Or

2) take off the c-clip, flip floating magnet around, but back on c-clip

And you would have achieved the same result. Personally, I like the software mechanism.
Seagals

Post by Seagals »

uffa - I never thought of that I could have saved us all allot of posts - but hey the positive side is I learned more about codes and it was a challenge solved!

Hey on another note - I saw on 'mr saltwater' tank the other day their was a new ATO unit that worked off of temperature probes. It got me thinking how we can use the temp probe on the RA unit in to detect water level and eventually we can get rid of the floats all together and use the RA probes to gauge water levels.

Here is the link http://www.mrsaltwatertank.com/mr-saltw ... expo-2013/

pretty interesting
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

And there is a multi water level sensor being released!!!
Seagals

Post by Seagals »

I had a circumstance where the low water cutoff was needed but unfortunately it did not work - I tested the float back to the original code and it worked fine. I than reverted back to the reverse code and tried flipping the float but that wouldn't work in the flipped mode unless the water was low. meaning if the water was at operating level the pump would stay off. The red light just bugs me.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Don't do both. YOu should leave the reverse code and change the logic for turning off the return by putting a ! or removing the ! in front of the LowATO.isActive(); function. Sounds like you keep doing two things at once.