Quick Tips from a newbie, for the newbies...

New members questions
lnevo

Re: Quick Tips from a newbie, for the newbies...

Post by lnevo »

My code isn't really plug and play. It does a lot of things specific to my setup.

On the other hand its broken up very modularly by using separate functions to organize all the code i have.

My recommendation is to start with the wizard and having all use the internal memory path.

Then i would recommend looking at the function you want to copy from my code and cut and paste that function.

You will need whatever #defines I have for the custom memory locations I use. You'll need to initialize them. The easiest way is through the android app or direct http calls. Or you can write them in the setup() function. Don't use the init_memory function, i have without understanding what it does.

It will also be much easier to customize if you focus on the one function at a time that you'd be adding and much easier for me to help you than trying to do it in one bang.
Sleepingtiger

Post by Sleepingtiger »

so tell me if i got this right. for users that doesn't have the wifi module, using the internal memory path is unnecessary because if you do need to change a function, you will still need to hook it up to your computer and upload the new code. might as well upload your pde file instead.

where as if you did have the wifi module, u can make changes to your function without ever having to upload your new pde files???
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Essentially :)
Mako56

Post by Mako56 »

Boy disicions disicions it sure would be nice to have my tank controlled again I surrender hope I chose the right product.
180 gallon, 260# live rock, 180# live sand, 75 gallon sump(half full), ASM G-4 skimmer, Korallin C1502 reactor, Sequence Barracuda closed loop, OM 8-way, Quietone return, three Ushio 250 watt de MH's and two 110 watt VHO's actinics.