Having problems with wifi, need help!

New members questions
margieinaz

Having problems with wifi, need help!

Post by margieinaz »

I got my unit a few weeks ago, and after finally setting everything up using the wizard, things were running pretty smoothly. I was able to use the wifi through the iphone app and really liking it.
Then suddenly yesterday walking by the tank I heard a sound and looked in the sump. My ato reservoir had run dry and was making a gurgling sound. I looked on my phone app, and that pump, along with my two dosing pumps were all stuck in the on position.
I'm just setting up my tank and it's cycling right now, so the dosing pumps are not hooked up yet, and there's no livestock in the tank yet, luckily. But the dosing pumps are both set to turn on for ten seconds every sixty minutes, but they were stuck on, as was the ato pump.
I turned the pumps off through the phone app and everything seemed fine after that.
But today I've not been able to log into the system through the iPhone.
I checked my ip address, and it's not changed (which I understand can happen sometimes)
I unplugged everything again to reset it, but that didn't work.
I even hooked up my laptop and tried to reload the code, but that didn't make any difference either.
The controller itself seems to be working properly now, but I'm not able to use the wifi.

Any ideas what's going on here? Not sure if the two issues are related, but I'm very hesitant to have those dosing pumps hooked up through the controller until I figure out what happened and am sure I won't happen again.

Thanks!
rimai

Re: Having problems with wifi, need help!

Post by rimai »

I'm looking at your web chart and I can't seem to find the time that this happened.
The chart shows no activity for the ATO and just 2 bleeps for the dosing pumps.
I can also see that the controller is sending data to the Portal up until now, so the wifi attachment is working and connected to the net.... I'm not so sure why you can't connect with your phone.
Are you using WAN or LAN ip address in your phone?
Roberto.
margieinaz

Post by margieinaz »

I'm not sure about the wan or lan address. It's an 11 digit number in the form of: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The portal here says "Unreachable Address" under the condition status, and I'm unable to control the main relay box through this portal. It gives me an error message saying "Only available with valid wifi address. Please make sure your controller is sending data to the Portal web server."

I did just try to delete and reinstall the RA app on my phone, but that didn't work either.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I'm pretty sure your port forwarding is not setup correctly.
http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
Check for port 2000. Does it say open?
Roberto.
margieinaz

Post by margieinaz »

No. You're right. It says closed.
Why would that have changed? I didn't change anything on my computer system.
Now I have to go back and figure out how to do that again, and I don't remember where to do that.
:(
I'm on a mac, using an Airport. Is there a link you could point me to that explains the process again?

And what do you think about the ato and dosing pumps turning on? That makes me nervous too. I guess I can just keep it set up and see if it happens again since I won't have anything in the dosing chambers for quite a while.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Try this for the port forwarding: http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?p=5102#p5102
What time did the ATO/Dosers turn on and what time zone are you in?
The portal adjusts to local timezone, so I'll have to back out the difference when I look at it.
I couldn't see any log of that in the portal.
Roberto.
margieinaz

Post by margieinaz »

Nevermind. I got it!!!
Thanks!!!

As far as the dosers and ato pump, it was Tuesday evening around 7pm Arizona time.