Newbie with coding related questions...

New members questions
DavidinGA

Newbie with coding related questions...

Post by DavidinGA »

I got my RA+ pwm and wifi setup and ran the RA wizard that got my simple stuff running (heaters, reactors, skimmer, etc) and things are working good.

Running libraries v1.0.9

I have two WP40 pumps that I want to control. I bought two cables for them and they are plugged into the two dimming ports on the relay (correct place?). To set them up I use the regular reef angel arduino sketch program right? I see under sketch->import library-> that there is a DCpump which i clicked put it all it puts into the sketchbook is - #include <DCPump.h> what does that do? Is that what I want to do for these WP40 pumps?

Now, I see a reference to dc pumps on the portal...can I set them up entirely from there or what? If I click to save on the internal memory-> dcpumps tab does that upload/save settings to my RA+ or ???

...and while on the question about the portal...none of the settings under the internal memory option list match how I set my RA+ up using the wizard - why? It appears they are all the original default settings but how do the things listed here work with my unit? (the portal is working as my info is displayed under the dashboard correctly though)

I also have two RA dosing pumps that I want to control better (although for the moment they are setup with a very basic setting through the wizard). Would I do that through a code on the regular reef angel arduino sketch program too?

Sorry for what is redundant questions you've heard a million times already...

Thanks
DavidinGA

Re: Newbie with coding related questions...

Post by DavidinGA »

(crickets chirping)
karlmax1103

Post by karlmax1103 »

so soory as a newbie,i can't help you with so difficult question.
binder

Post by binder »

yes they use the dimming ports. yes, using the #include <dcpump.h> would allow the importing of the dc pump library to be used. here's the post on how to use the dc pump class to control the pumps. there's also more stuff around the forum on ways to change it during the different modes and all, but this should get you started: http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2895
i just searched for "dcpump class" and it was on the 2nd page.

when you setup your ra+ using the wizard, did you choose the internal memory or did you choose to hard code the values? if you hard coded them, the values on the internal memory page of the portal will be the defaults.

as for the dosing pump question, you are going to have to explain what you mean by "control better". the only thing you can do from the internal memory (by default) is adjust the dosing time and when it doses. of course, that is if the controller is set to use the internal memory values and not be hard coded (like i mentioned above). if you want to control or handle things more complex, then you would need to adjust or modify the programming on the controller itself. so we have to know what you mean by "control better" first.

lastly, since your post contains multiple questions and comments, it's best to focus on one thing at a time and then go through all of your questions. otherwise, you are going to have a thread/discussion that's got multiple answers scattered throughout.