PWM dimming

New members questions
Winschuc

PWM dimming

Post by Winschuc »

Quick question, finally hooked up my led's today to the dimmer. What would cause the lights to blink on and off? They're blinking at about a 1 second interval.

The driver is a no-name Chinese 100w driving two 100w led's. The pre-installed pot manually dimmed them fine.

Thanks!
lnevo

Re: PWM dimming

Post by lnevo »

The drivers may be analog...
Winschuc

Post by Winschuc »

That's what I was thinking, but wanted to make sure there wasn't any simple/ common problem that would have caused this (other than it being an analog signal). No biggie though, just running them on a time schedule until I come across some new drivers. Thanks!
Dctrojan

Post by Dctrojan »

Im interested in how you plan on hooking up the leds to a different driver. I plan on hooking up a dimmable analog driver to my leds
http://ebay.com/itm/300915148718

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Winschuc

Post by Winschuc »

I scrapped the project for the time being. I have a Steve's LEDs retrofit kit on the way right now. With the amount of coral in my tank, I don't want to continue taking risks with sketchy LEDs.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Winschuc wrote:Quick question, finally hooked up my led's today to the dimmer. What would cause the lights to blink on and off? They're blinking at about a 1 second interval.

The driver is a no-name Chinese 100w driving two 100w led's. The pre-installed pot manually dimmed them fine.

Thanks!
The pot that is installed means there is a very good chance they are analog.