help with initial programming PLEASE

New members questions
binder

Re: help with initial programming PLEASE

Post by binder »

iratefrizz wrote:
lnevo wrote:Looks like you got it working :)
I DID I happened to think about the situation about 20 minutes before it was stated that I had to put it in the img box. :)
NOW for hopefully my last question for a while... how do I make the app on my phone have labels that match my portal here? is that possible...
if it is the android app, then goto the settings inside the app and make sure your portal name is entered and then choose download labels.

Sent from my iPad mini
iratefrizz

Post by iratefrizz »

OOOK so back to initial issues. I was able to get it working and all was well. but now I am unable to connect to my reef angel from my phone or through the portal. the funny thing is. that it shows what is on and off and the fans turning on and off like they are but when i click to turn one of them off it comes up with this error

"Only available with valid wifi address. Please make sure your controller is sending data to the Portal web server"

what might i be missing?
I went into my router and the ip that was in there was not correct as far as i can telll. like it had changed on me. so i changed it back to what i thought it should be. but its still not work
thank you in advance.
Josh
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah, routers tend to do that :(
One way to avoid this is to assign a static ip address based on MAC address in your router, so it will always assign the same ip address to your wifi attachment.
That way, the port forwarding will stay correct everytime.
Roberto.
iratefrizz

Post by iratefrizz »

I think i remember how to do that. but any idea why after changing it back to the original IP address I still received the same errors... ? like the portal on here was receiving updates but I couldn't change any settings or turn anything on or off. but the ap on my phone still wouldn't connect. :(
ReEfnWrX

Post by ReEfnWrX »

Are you accessing your RA through the AP using your LAN or WAN IP address? If you are using your WAN IP address that can change to
iratefrizz

Post by iratefrizz »

I am currently in the states whereas my tank and RA is in Japan. so I am using the WAN IP which is the IP that changed. my wife can connect to it IN home using LAN but sometimes it still returns errors (no big deal) but not sure why i can't connect at all on my phone (or hers if she is using away setting) but the portal on here is able to read what its sending out but cant change things
rimai

Post by rimai »

The controller is capable of sending data out without a problem, that's why it shows current data. It doesn't depend on port forwarding or anything.
The problem is that you can't connect from outside because the port forwarding got messed up with the ip change.
Roberto.
iratefrizz

Post by iratefrizz »

ok. i understand... so now i just need to track down the problem with port forwarding? that should all be router settings correct? nothing with the RA programming?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Correct. It's all inside the router.
Roberto.
iratefrizz

Post by iratefrizz »

Thank you I'll update when i get it fixed or ask more questions