Just Received Your Controller

New members questions
djapel1

Just Received Your Controller

Post by djapel1 »

I just got my controller in tonight and I got it all set up to the standard set up. Here's some things I'd like to change but I'm not sure how to go about doing it.

I do not need two wavemaker plug ins. I have one small powerhead behind my aquascaping on one of the wavemaker plugins but the other is not needed. How do I code it to be something else?

Skimmer: Where should this be plugged in? I want it running all the time except during feed mode. How do I code this?

I have a separate controller for my RapidLED build so the light plugins aren't necessarily need except for one of them. I have a T5 light in my sump for my frags so I need this to be set up to come on at night.

I need to get some calibration solution to set up my pH probe so that will have to wait.

ATO needs to wait as I just made my mounting bracket so I'm waiting on the silicone to dry overnight.

As of right now I think that covers it. I'm sure I'll think of more but if you have any suggestions they're always welcome.
lnevo

Re: Just Received Your Controller

Post by lnevo »

Start with the wizard...that should answer 99% of your questions.
djapel1

Post by djapel1 »

Where is this wizard you speak of?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

In the Arduino IDE, think its under the Tools menu... Enjoy :)
djapel1

Post by djapel1 »

Right after I replied, I found it.

Now that that's all set up, my temperature isn't displaying. Could I have messed something up when I was uploading?
binder

Post by binder »

djapel1 wrote:Right after I replied, I found it.

Now that that's all set up, my temperature isn't displaying. Could I have messed something up when I was uploading?
What is the temperature displaying? Err? if it's displaying Err, make sure the temp sensor is plugged into one of the temp probe ports and then power cycle your reef angel (just unplug it from the wall and plug it back in). Then your temperature should start displaying. if it's not displaying Err, you will have to elaborate more.
djapel1

Post by djapel1 »

It's not displaying anything. It's acting like it's not plugged in. I've unplugged it and plugged it back in several times.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Humm...
Can you check if you didn't pull the wires in the temp probe connector?
Roberto.
djapel1

Post by djapel1 »

I'll check when I get home. I hope that I didn't pull the wires loose. I gripped it on the connector itself.

Also, is there a preferred pH calibration solution or can I just order the packets from BRS?
djapel1

Post by djapel1 »

I checked the temp probe and the wires look fine. I'm wondering if I messed up in the wizard somehow.
djapel1

Post by djapel1 »

It's working now. I guess you have to leave the probe plugged in while you're updating... Everything works fine now.