New User Questions

New members questions
howaboutme

Re: New User Questions

Post by howaboutme »

rimai wrote:Use the controllertester code in the examples folder to test each port.
roberto..this is in regard to the post about relay #6 not shutting off during feed/wc mode..i did the controllertest code..flipped through it but wasn't sure what to look for. the outlet was on when i flipped to #6. is that what you're testing? thanks.
Jack
rimai

Post by rimai »

You can scroll through each port turning it on and off by moving the joystick. Look at the screen to see which port is turned on.
Roberto.
howaboutme

Post by howaboutme »

Yeah, I did that and everything seems to be okay for the test. #6 just won't turn off even though the code is correct. This is the 2nd time this happened. First time, the problem solved itself somehow w/o me doing anything.
Jack
rimai

Post by rimai »

Are you sure you are not overriding the relay port?
Roberto.
howaboutme

Post by howaboutme »

rimai wrote:Are you sure you are not overriding the relay port?
No, I am not sure. But I don't think so. I do nothing to the controller before I hit either the feeding or wc mode. I even re-uploaded the code last night to the controller and #6 still didn't recognize the mode. I am thinking tonight I will try to move the ph that's on #6 to an open outlet to test again.

How would I override the relay port? Since I am new I cannot rule that out inadvertently.

PS. I obtained a wifi module that I worked on briefly last night too. I have a few questions but will post a different thread so my questions won't get lost in this. Thanks.
Jack