Help Selecting RA Componets

New members questions
CPD1029

Help Selecting RA Componets

Post by CPD1029 »

New to forum and have been reading and reading about controllers and seems like the RA is the right one for me.

Now I need help picking out and ordering only what I need to do what I want.

The tank:

28 Gallon Nano Cube well established for almost 4yrs. Corals and fish doing fine.
The hood has been converted to Led's using a Rapid Led kit for it (24 Leds) wht (12)/rb (8)/uv (4)
The sump has an In Tank media basket and is used as a refugium/filter. The left 2 chambers looking front the front are used with a Remora "S" skimmer.

4 pumps. I stock Accela in the right chamber for filtration, 1 Colbalt MJ1200 in the left chamber for skimmer, 1 Koralia Nano 425 and a Jeabo WP-25 in the tank for circulation and wave making.

I would like to do the following:

Control Led's for dawn/day/dusk/night ramping each up and down slowly not instant.

Control pumps for wave making (Jeabo controller already does that) and for feeding water changes and again slowly ramping them up.

Control the skimmer pump the same for water changes only not feeding.

Incorporate and control an ATO into the system.

Monitor Ph, temp.

From reading I have learned that the RA Plus is needed but what else if anything do I need to add to do what I want?

Thanks for any help and/or advice.
Ed
rimai

Re: Help Selecting RA Componets

Post by rimai »

How many channels of LED are you trying to control?
According to my count, you have 4 channels. White, Blue, UV and Jebao.
The RA+ comes with 2 dimming channels.
You can use them for LED and/or Jebao.
To get more than 2 channels, you will need the dimming expansion module.
For each Jebao, you will need the Jebao cable, which is going to replace your original controller.
Roberto.
CPD1029

Re: Help Selecting RA Componets

Post by CPD1029 »

rimai wrote:How many channels of LED are you trying to control?
I was thinking just the whites and the atinics so 2 but as you say with the Jeabo 3 would be needed. Right?
rimai wrote:For each Jebao, you will need the Jebao cable, which is going to replace your original controller.
That's good I don't much care for the way the stock one works anyway.

Thanks
Ed