Beginner hooking up

New members questions
lnevo

Re: Beginner hooking up

Post by lnevo »

Tomorrow or monday are your best bets... But anyone who says that reef angel is complicated is only saying that because they haven't used the wizard, haven't tried out a reef angel, or are in bed with their APEX.

Yes, some of the documenting needs work and some specific configurations need to be coded, but just about EVERYTHING you need will be taken care of by the wizard.

So get started. Until you have the software installed and decide on a few ports to configure theres not much i can do with you...
B-ridge75

Post by B-ridge75 »

Lol he said in bed with there apex. Hope she is good at whatever she does in bed as much as she costs and the price of the add ons. Monday works perfect for me bro. I am off Monday and Tuesday of next week. Ok. So tell me what I should do by Monday? I figured out the ports already. Skimmer,pump,reactor,jebaos if I can get the cable to reach the basement,water change pump,ato when I buy/get one,automatic feeder when I buy/get one. I also have the wifi attachment. I have your number let me know when is a good time to text. I will just keep,reading the boards here and asking questions here also. Curious to see/know what else this reef angel can do
rimai

Post by rimai »

I think you should try using the wizard before you talk to him. This way, you will be a little more familiar with it.
Roberto.
B-ridge75

Post by B-ridge75 »

Ok. So I should hook things up before we speak or just go on the wizard to get familiarity?
rimai

Post by rimai »

You don't need to hook up anything.
Get the software installed and use the wizard.
Once you get familiar and upload something to your controller, start playing with it and testing the port to make sure they are doing what you expect them to do.
The last thing will be hooking up your equipment.
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Thats what i been saying for months :)
B-ridge75

Post by B-ridge75 »

Yes you have lveno. Told you I wasn't computer literate. Feel like a blond girl. Like ok. How will I know if the ports are working if I don't plug anything in yet? If that's the case I could download this wizard thing tonight.
Could I do this threw my iPad since that's what will be mainly controlling everything or should I just do it through my computer?
Is there some sort of hook up or graph that I could download that will show me the levels of my tank. So,e sort of graph that I could document things as far as water changes and my levels, etc. I've seen somewhere on someone's computer and iPad where there was a chart going. Showing temperature, oh and fluctuations in things
rimai

Post by rimai »

You can just use a table lamp to check for power.
Wizard will only work on your computer.
The graphs and other charts will be generated for you automatically. You will get there soon. First step is the wizard.
Roberto.
B-ridge75

Post by B-ridge75 »

Ok. Sounds like a plan. I will get started on wizard tonight sometime but I will still be asking a bunch of questions. Now in order to get the light to come in per say I won't have to give it a code or a program or anything? Once I/we find out all the ports are working do we then give everything a name and start programming it to do what we want it to do?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The wizard will generate the code for you. You'll see what the options are once its generated. Naming stuff is not required but you'll do that in the portal.
B-ridge75

Post by B-ridge75 »

Ok. Understanding a little better now. Still lost but I'm seeing things a little clearer
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

It's easier than it seems.
Reading the boards here can be confusing, but most of what goes on here is advanced stuff.
I know nothing about coding and I'm still lost when it goes to somethings, but I have to say I have helped people here too.

There have been questions asked that I knew the wizard would answer so I went through it and posted the code it gave me for that persons question.

I also let them know that I got the answer buy going thru the wizard.

Go thru the wizard and set up the code.
Load it in the unit and check to see if the ports are coming on and off the way they should by plugging in a lamp like Roberto said.

I guarantee by the time you get on the phone with Lee you will have answered 95% of your initial questions by your self.
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

You really should just try it before asking more questions that will continue to confuse yourself. There is a set up guide for the controller to plug what into what and the wizard is literally answering questions.

I think you need to take the initiative to get that basic part figured out before using inevo's time like plugging in the relay, head unit etc.

I totally agree with the people hating on reef angel saying it's super hard to use. They have not used the wizard or the controller in general. Almost every thing on my controller is done thru the wizard and what's not is just a copy and paste from someone else's code. Fwiw my tank is full of sps and I have total controlability without any coding knowledge whatsoever. Literally none.
My other hobby has 450rwhp and eats tires instead of mysis!
B-ridge75

Post by B-ridge75 »

Ok everyone. 1st step is done. Just replaced old unit with the upgrade. That was simple. Hopefully everything else goes so easily. Next step. THE WIZARD
Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

You are making this out to be way more hard than it is. A child could figure out the wizard. Just give it a shot. Thats half of the fun buying an RA. You will be suprised on how easy everything is. Just take a deep breath and knock it out.

Man its soo easy now a days. I started with RA before the wizard.
ReEfnWrX

Post by ReEfnWrX »

You keep going against everyone's advice. Which is making it more difficult for you. You can use the wizard without even having a reef angel... it's just an app that giv3s you options of how you setup the basic programming of the RA and 8th writes the code for you, you don't even need to touch or look at coding... and then you could upload the code if you wanted but you don't have to... just install it and tinker with it and 90%+ of your questions answered

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Ok, I worked with him this weekend. We made some great progress. The biggest problem and probably his biggest hesitation is that the only computer is his wife's Mac which he isn't an admin on. So we had to wait to even get the serial driver installed and get Arduino added to his Applications.

In any event, we went through the wizard, built a base config to get started and testing. We configured the wifi module which we had to do through CoolTerm. I even managed to get into his router. The problem though is despite the router being configured the port does not seem to be open, so we're going to have to figure that one out maybe with the provider.
B-ridge75

Post by B-ridge75 »

Thank you for saving me lnevo. Boy this is a tough crowd here. I never went against anyone's recommendations. I did nothing until I was told to. Once I was told exactly what to do and try I did. Ran into one problem getting a password. That was taken care of. I didn't go against anyone. I was fairly stating that I had got the nerve/courage or whatever you wanna call it to get this up and running. I had to start by taking out the old card and upgrading with the reef angel plus. Which I did. I apologize for reporting with excitement my first step of owning a reef angel. Was giving progress as far as what my next step was. Thanks for making me feel welcomed. I apologize. Didn't mean or want to offend anyone. Was just asking questions