Looking to get a reef angel but have questions

New members questions
Shamus

Looking to get a reef angel but have questions

Post by Shamus »

I a setting up a 180 gal tank. It's been sitting unused for several years. It's a bit different than most, an Eco wheel from defunct aquatic engineers. Basically a ATS of sorts with no impeller pump for a return. Well it being different leads me more to the RA so I have the control to be different. :D
What I will need the controller to do: run air pump for return, run ATS light, temp control and ph monitor, ATO, 2 part dosing, 2 AI hydra 52's, 2wp40's, cooling fan(maybe). Wifi will be a must but may not make it on my initial list.
Questions
1 what is the quality of the RA dosing and ATO pumps? Read of some problems a year ago
2. What would I need above the start up package? Outside the dosing/ATO pumps and AI and jebao cables
3. Can it be expanded for 2 tanks if keep in close proximity?
4. Can it be programmed for random storms and tie in with both led and pumps(increased turbulence)
5. Is it easy to get the wp40's to sync to a back and forth wave motion?
6. For lunar cycle, can I do that with the AI lights as well or would I need the addon from RA?
7. Read of some earlier problems with probes as we'll. are those ironed out now?

I know this is a lot of questions but I am sure I could add more ;)
Thanks for your help. I want to make a division quickly as I need to at least get a dosing setup ASAP on my 90 gal as I will be traveling soon.
rimai

Re: Looking to get a reef angel but have questions

Post by rimai »

I think you should be good with the RA+ only. There is no need for any other expansion.
You can't interface with AI Hydra though. Only with SOL and Nano.
You can definitely control more than one tank. A few people do that :)
No probes problem anymore. It was only one lot.
Roberto.
Shamus

Post by Shamus »

rimai wrote:I think you should be good with the RA+ only. There is no need for any other expansion.
You can't interface with AI Hydra though. Only with SOL and Nano.
You can definitely control more than one tank. A few people do that :)
No probes problem anymore. It was only one lot.

Well that's a bummer. I can live without the stormy wave motion but do want the light control. Any likelyhood of adding hydra control in the near future?
Shamus

Post by Shamus »

We'll looking at the Kessil line as well. I had read that these may be able to program a storm mode with RA as well. Has that been done? Would I need anything other than the Kessil cable? I also ran across new jebao rw pumps coming out. They can control up to 8 pumps wirelessly. Would these be controllable via the RA yet? In the future?
rimai

Post by rimai »

All you need is the cable, but I don't know if the fixture will support any type of lightning effect.
RW is an unknown yet.
I'm trying to get my hands on them.
Roberto.