Uploading code

New members questions
martinresi

Uploading code

Post by martinresi »

When I make changes to code and upload the changes to the controller, before I upload, I've been disconnecting the power first by unplugging from the wall outlet before I disconnect the wifi unit and then plug in the usb connector. Then I power back up and do the upload. Is this how I should be doing this? Or should I be disconnecting the wifi and connecting the usb while the power remains on?

I'm going to be doing this a lot, so looking for the simplest way that doesn't put too much wear and tear on the unit.

Thanks,
Todd
JDW

Uploading code

Post by JDW »

I leave power on.

Purchasing a Bluetooth attachment would be easiest on wear & tear. It hooks up inline with wifi unit. It allows you to update code w/o having to disconnect any thing.

I just bought one, now I need to buy the BT dongle to transmit code with.
martinresi

Re: Uploading code

Post by martinresi »

I was afraid plugging and unplugging the connector while power was on, good to know it doesn't damage anything. That bluetooth unit sounds cool! Let us know how it goes

Thanks,
Todd
davaraj

Post by davaraj »

The bluetooth module is cool indeed. Using it for couple of months now, without even going near the RA unit.
ReEfnWrX

Post by ReEfnWrX »

It doesn't come with a Bluetooth USB dongle??? didn't expect that
JDW

Post by JDW »

Nope, you have to provide your own.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Most computers these days come with bluetooth and the only devices i've ever seen come with dongles are keyboard and mice that were pre-paired and that was in the early days. Not even sure if they still do that..